Conditioning Shampoos?

Kaela

I was wondering..what is the difference between a conditioning shampoo (like CON) and a 2-in-1 Shampoo (like Pert Plus).

Also, couldn't you essentially make one yourself? Although this probably sounds crazy...couldn't you just use a mixture of half conditioner, half shampoo to cleanse your hair?

I mean, if you can use conditioner in CO washes...it seems feasible...
look.gif

Kaela,

I know I"ve seen a definition of a 2-in-1 shampoo and they are relatively new in the hair care world. Relatively new meaning that they really started being developed about 1980.

A true 2-in-1 shampoo serves the function of both shampoo and conditioner. No separate conditioner is supposedly to be needed. Some fulfill this and others do not. BUT, the product is specifically manufactured in a way that the result is NOT a grease pool. In practice, this happens and sometimes it does not. The conditioning agents are suspended while the washing function is being served. This is only part 1 of the definition, too.

Creme of Nature is marketed as shampoo, detangler and conditoner. I know on my bottle it says it can be used without a separate conditioner. I've used it this way, too, and usually with it, I will just add any extra condtioner to my ends. I do this regardless of what a product says about a 2-in-1 function.

I know people who have added some conditoner to their shampoo, but it's not like the Pert Plus by any means. If you want to do this, I think it would certainly be an experiment. I've never had the inclination to want to do this.

In my opinion, Pert Plus for Kids[Bananaberri] is a great 2-in-1 shampoo. It's mid-way between the Creme of Nature Regular and the Creme of Nature Ultra Moisturizng. It smells just like a banana-berry smoothie and utterly softening.

~Jade~

I read somewhere online and in Cathy Howse's book where it says
Conditioning shampoos is where is not recommand that one characteristic that is not recommend that we chose in our shampoo is a conditioner. When conditioners are added to shampoo, the conditioner can interfere with the shampoo's ability to adequately clean the hair. WHile the shampoo is trying to clean the hair, the conditioner is leaving another substance to soften and smooth the hair. Essentially the dirt that you are attempting to wash out may be left on the hair when the shampoo conditions your hair.

Back