conditioning longer hair

I may answer my own question by the end of this, so please just bare with me.
I have hair that falls past my shoulders and i used to deep condition everytime i washed my hair (with moisturizing conditioners), yet i noticed that sometimes my ends seemed dryer while the hair closer to the roots looked shiny and well moisturized. Then i came up with a possible reason: I used to apply the conditioner, put a shower cap over my head (with the lengths bundled at the bottom), and sit under the dryer for 15-20 minutes. However, i once conditioned my hair in the same manner, but i combed my hair while i was bent over and i allowed my hair to sit on the top of my head (think of how you use the claw hair accessory, you hold your hair as if you were going to place in a ponytail)and let the length fall downward. I think my ends came out more moisturized this way.

My question to you all is this: does it make a difference how your hair is placed in the conditioning cap? My theory is that the heat liquifies the conditioner and if your hair is positioned that the ends are straight up, then the conditioner draines AWAY from your ends, where it is needed most. And when hair is bundled up at the bottom of the bag, the heat does not penetrate as efficiently.What do you all think?

I really want to know the answer to this question...this is something I've been wondering about too. This is what I've been doing but, I think it's not a very effective method: Apply conditioner, put on plastic cap with hair all bunched up at the bottom...half the time my hair is so heavy that it's slipping out the bottom...
wallbash.gif
I think it would def. make more sense if you bent over and pile hair on top of your head before placing the plastic cap on.

I would really like to know though if others do this and if it makes a difference.
smile.gif

After I place conditioner on my hair, I either pin it up with a clip or put it in a bun (if I'm conditioning overnight).

I usually slather extra conditioner on my ends and then plaster it to the top of my head then I put a heat cap on for 15 ninutes, the heat cap usually gives a secure feel that keeps my hair where I put it...Ive never had a problem with underconditioned ends that way.

Back