Conditioners for Naturals

NigerianGirl

Hey ladies, I was wondering if anyone can recommend a good conditioner for my naps......I need something with slip and superior detangling properties. Any suggestions? :ohwell:

Thanks

Great question! I have yet to find one though. I am going to the vitamin shoppe today to look at all natural co's and hopefully I will be able to find one. I thought that I had a store credit but I can not seem to find the acutal recipt:wallbash::wallbash: at the moment so I will be forced to spend $$$ :rolleyes::yep::wallbash:

Well it really depends on what your hair likes. I mean some hair likes stuff with "cones" in it, and that gives slip while others don't. for me I like Oyin Honey Hemp condish. It's really thin, but gives great slip and leaves my hair really soft (moisturizing condish), Trader Joe's spa nourish (protein condish) moderately thick, good slip, leaves my hair really soft, QP's
DPR-11 (deep tx moisturizing condish) very thick, pretty good slip all on it's own, however I tend to add honey and oil (either castor, coconut, or shea sometimes all 3) and it's out of this world, Herbal Essences (purple bottle, I think it's for curls not really sure) has cones, great slip, leaves my hair soft too, suave coconut(or any of the "naturals" line, this one is a mild protein condish) kinda thin, good slip, smells nice leave hair soft, suave humectant & daily moisture both medium thickness, leaves my hair very soft. My hair type is NAPPY:lachen::grin: so I don't know if these will work for you, you just have to try stuff out and see how your hair responds, while the condish is on, and then again after it has dried. Hth, good luck to you!

I like J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp conditioner. It's very thick, gives great slip and can be used as a deep conditioner. I like to leave some in after I do my final rinse.

I've recently started using Tresemme anti-breakage conditioner because it was on sale. It is great for detangling (along with my denman brush, of course), and has cut my detangling time in half.

I like J/A/S/O/N Sea Kelp conditioner. It's very thick, gives great slip and can be used as a deep conditioner. I like to leave some in after I do my final rinse.

I need to re visit that Sea Kelp. But I love A/O White Camellia (I haven't tried Honeysuckle Rose yet) or Pantene Hydrating Curls works for me

My hair likes food. It loves the honey/EVOO mix...YUM! This is the best conditioner for me. It softens and strengthens. I also use molasses mixed with EVOO and honey sometimes. I also use avocado straight(but hate picking out the strings it leaves behind). I've learned that as long as I use EVOO in the mix, everything washes out pretty easily. For protein condish I beat egg whites and mix it with natural yogurt. Let it sit for 15-20 under thermal cap. Keeps the mushiness away. HTH!

So how does the honey/ EVOO/ Molasses mix work?:ohwell: Do I need to mix in water with that or do I just mix it all together and section my hair and work it in? Anybody, Somebody HELP!!!:dazed:

Back