Conditioner Wash, I tried it last night

DigitalRain

But I cheated a little. I started out washing with the VO5 Strawberries and Cream conditioner, but I was not convinced that it was getting my hair clean. I use a good bit of oil in my hair and I couldn't see how the conditioner could remove it. So I cheated and used a tad of shampoo in the back of my head. I used Aphogee 2 minute reconstructor, rinsed and applied Profectiv Phase 2 Leave in Conditioner. I applied some CD Hair Milk all over and airdried. My hair feels super soft. Maybe next time I can resist using the shampoo.
grin.gif
I'm pleased with the results anyway!

There's a technique called the "condition wash condition" that is exactly what you did.

Many people swear by it - so you're in good company.
smile.gif

Today I started back conditioning washes on a daily, what I will do sometimes is mix the shampoo and the conditioner together..so I get a little lather and recondition the hair for a few minutes....

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:
There's a technique called the "condition wash condition" that is exactly what you did.

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Really? I had no idea!! It worked great though. I can't wait to try strictly the conditioner next week.
smile.gif

Conditioner washes are great. I think it really helped me with growth. I had a tremendous increase in growth once I started doing cond washes daily.

VO5 Strawberries and Cream is heavier than a lot of other conditioners, so if your goal was to get a clean feeling you might want to try something lighter.

Glad it worked for you.

I have never done a conditioner wash but I just purchased
the VO5 Straberries and Cream because it was 88 cents at
Walmart.
Can you ladies tell me why you airdry your hair after conditoner washes instead of blowdrying.
What products do you use afterwards a leave in conditoner.

Labett, A lot of us don't like to use a blow dryer or heat of any kind because heat in general contributes toward damaging the hair. Air drying is better for the health of the hair.

Usually after a leave-in I like to use an oil (Wild Growth Oil).

[ QUOTE ]
Tracy said:

smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
I used to do this (when I had a ton of conditioners to use up). I think it works great.

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
Labett, A lot of us don't like to use a blow dryer or heat of any kind because heat in general contributes toward damaging the hair. Air drying is better for the health of the hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.
smile.gif

I condition-wash-condition, too. I use the first conditioning to detangle my hair, then I shampoo it, then I condition it. But that's on shampoo days. I still do strictly co washes, too.

I use a lot of oils in my hair so that's why I wasn't convinced that the conditioner could remove it. If I could be sure that the conditioner could remove it I will definitely switch to conditioner only.

Thanks for posting this!!!

I tried the CWC method last night after reading this. My hair was much softer. And, it was easier to comb through!

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

I tried it too, BB! I loved the fact that I could detangle BEFORE I washed! This is a keeper and a way to use up so-so conditioners!

When you do the CWC, do you do the put the conditioner on dry here first then rinse and put conditioner again. Some instructions may be easy for some but me being me needs more details please,

[ QUOTE ]
lunalight7 said:
I tried it too, BB! I loved the fact that I could detangle BEFORE I washed! This is a keeper and a way to use up so-so conditioners!

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Lunalight .... I tried this a couple of weeks ago with CO washes. I put conditioner on my hair while it was still dry. Then 20 min later hop into the shower, rinse it out, and then continue as usual with the normal steps for a CO wash. It was great ...give it try!

Ballet Bun ...
driver.gif

Back