Conditioner Question

HAIRapy

SuperDuper Member
Hey everyone, I have a lot of newgrowth (last perm was in August) and wondered if it is true that if you condition all of your hair instead of just newgrowth, your hair will break off? In other words, should I only condition the permed portion of my hair? Thank you so much for your help in advance =)

Where did you here that?

Simply not true my love. Not true at all!

You must keep all of your hair in the best condition possible so this won't happen. Keeping all areas of hair moisturized, newgrowth and relaxed ends, will keep it from breaking at the demarcation lines. You need more moisture than ever now.:yep:

Hey everyone, I have a lot of newgrowth (last perm was in August) and wondered if it is true that if you condition all of your hair instead of just newgrowth, your hair will break off? In other words, should I only condition the permed portion of my hair? Thank you so much for your help in advance =)

Where did you hear this? Conditioning your hair is a must. Absolute must. :yep:

Where did you hear this? Conditioning your hair is a must. Absolute must. :yep:
I may have been mistaken. I thought I saw that posted somewhere on here. Maybe they were talking about not combing newgrowth. I really appreciate everyone's help! I'm going to deep condition tonight with ORS Mayo, sit under a heat cap for 40 min, and then I'm going to leave it on overnight. Hopefully that will soften my roots. Thanks again!

I may have been mistaken. I thought I saw that posted somewhere on here. Maybe they were talking about not combing newgrowth. I really appreciate everyone's help! I'm going to deep condition tonight with ORS Mayo, sit under a heat cap for 40 min, and then I'm going to leave it on overnight. Hopefully that will soften my roots. Thanks again!

You should also try ORS Replenishing or Silicon Mix, if you have them. Great for taming new growth!

You should also try ORS Replenishing or Silicon Mix, if you have them. Great for taming new growth!

I don't have either of them yet, but I'll read both and buy one and try it. Thanks for the suggestion. I've been in the bug challenge and my middle is kinda crunchy.

Back