Conditioner on dry hair (ends) in between washes

v2.0

Does anyone apply conditioner to their ends throughout the week? Not leave in conditioner or regular moisturizers, but conditioner that you would ordinarily wash out? I think I would like to try this.

I used to use regular conditioner as a leave in after washes and it did a fantastic job. I don't know why I stopped :perplexed

I think it would be great to put conditioner on your ends daily :D Will you be bunning?

I used to use regular conditioner as a leave in after washes and it did a fantastic job. I don't know why I stopped :perplexed

I think it would be great to put conditioner on your ends daily :D Will you be bunning?

I don't know yet. Bunning, braid outs, pony tails, braid outs in pony tails, braid outs in buns, lol. I just don't plan on wearing my hair down/out.

Can you elaborate? What conditioner did you use and what was your regimen? Was your hair out, in a bun, etc?

I used various conditioners LOL Both deep and regular rinse outs. I used Kenra DC, Kenra rinse out, the nairobi DC, and a few others. For the most part, my hair was down or in a loose bun b/c I wear my hair straight 99% of the time. I think it was just too much moisture. My ends got really mushy and started to look a little ragged. Once I stopped using the conditioner on my hair my ends were perfect again. I think a good DC once or twice a week, along with a good leave in afterward, is sufficient :yep:

I've been doing this for the past few weeks and my hair is fine. I mix Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol with EVOO and use it as a leave in.

I think it depends on the type of conditioner and the state of the person's hair. I often use Elucence MBC as my moisturizer. This is also my final quick rinse out conditioner when I wash my hair. I also seal this with whatever I'm feeling at the moment (shescentit, vatika, etc.) and I don't have any problems.

I've been doing this for the past few weeks and my hair is fine. I mix Lustrasilk shea butter cholesterol with EVOO and use it as a leave in.

I just tried this for the first time (I add lottabody setting lotion too) and I loved it! I always use conditioners and dc's as leave ins. Especially when I am going to wash the next day I will soak my hair in conditioner and then wear it in a bun. It really helps me maintain a good moisture level.

I put conditioner on my ends a few nights a week. It works well for me.

But then again, I have never gotten "mushy" hair from conditioning (overnight, all day, nightly, etc.)

I think it depends on the type of conditioner and the state of the person's hair. I often use Elucence MBC as my moisturizer. This is also my final quick rinse out conditioner when I wash my hair. I also seal this with whatever I'm feeling at the moment (shescentit, vatika, etc.) and I don't have any problems.

I agree. I do it, and I've never had a problem.

I do this everyday but I am 4b and my hair always needs moisture. I love it I will never stop.

I use a dab of leave in condish on dry ends every other day & seal with oil. I think the key is not to overload with condish.

OP, did you ever try this?? I can not seem to get my ends to look moisturized. They don't feel dry or brittle, they just LOOK like it. So, I want to try a cheapie conditioner on my ends at night. I'll be bunning.

Back