CONDITIONER JUNKIES.... GIVE US YOUR FAV FOR COWASHING, DC, LEAVE-IN, DETANGLING, ETC

Re: CONDITIONER JUNKIES.... GIVE US YOUR FAV FOR COWASHING, DC, LEAVE-IN, DETANGLING,

@Golden75 How many old bottles of DH do you have? I can take some off of your hands, release some burdens from you. :grin: :lol:

tiffers - :lol:. I only have one bottle. I haven't purchased any of the new formulations.

Sorry on the hi-jack to clarify our SD products, OP!

Re: CONDITIONER JUNKIES.... GIVE US YOUR FAV FOR COWASHING, DC, LEAVE-IN, DETANGLING,

^ Whatever is necessary in rhe name of regimen perfection!! :)

nzeee See I keep trying to deny the power of Wen but these reviews are intriguing *sigh* How long does a bottle last? I have to justify the cost lol..

Raspberry DO IT!!! i love the fig the best. i've tried the pumpkin cuz everyone lost their minds!!! when it came out but i'm not impressed with the smell as everyone else is. to me it smells like cornmeal porridge (which i love -- i'm jamaican if that helps). all nutmeggy and ish :look: it's really really thick tho (slightly thicker than the fig) and does a good job. Fig smells sorta ...objectionable tho initially :grin: you just have to get used to it.

don't hold out. i held out for 6mths myself just obsessing over the price and it's useless really. if you've had trouble finding a good leave-in, a good cowash, and a good detangler then just try WEN one time and you'll be a convert too.

how about this: imagine everything else you're spending your $$ on that doesn't work. you use it 2-3 times only to move on to something else. that's A LOT of cash if you wash often. experimenting, if that's what you're doing, is expensive. it's peace of mind when you mind something that works. it's ALLLLL i use in my hair and it's seriously a relief.

re: how long it lasts?? not sure yet. i'm heavy handed (WEN loves this and totally encourages it. i sorta hate that part of the marketing but oh well) and i've been trying fig and pumpkin at the same time at different intervals so i can't totally say yet...

Co-washing: Suave Almond and Shea Butter (cheapie); Oyin Handmade's Honey Hemp
Deep conditioning: Silk Elements MegaSilk Moisturizing Treatment
Leave-in: Oyin Handmade's Hair Dew; Herbal Essences' LTR
Protein: Jamila Henna

@Raspberry DO IT!!! i love the fig the best. i've tried the pumpkin cuz everyone lost their minds!!! when it came out but i'm not impressed with the smell as everyone else is. to me it smells like cornmeal porridge (which i love -- i'm jamaican if that helps). all nutmeggy and ish :look: it's really really thick tho (slightly thicker than the fig) and does a good job. Fig smells sorta ...objectionable tho initially :grin: you just have to get used to it.

don't hold out. i held out for 6mths myself just obsessing over the price and it's useless really. if you've had trouble finding a good leave-in, a good cowash, and a good detangler then just try WEN one time and you'll be a convert too.

how about this: imagine everything else you're spending your $$ on that doesn't work. you use it 2-3 times only to move on to something else. that's A LOT of cash if you wash often. experimenting, if that's what you're doing, is expensive. it's peace of mind when you mind something that works. it's ALLLLL i use in my hair and it's seriously a relief.

re: how long it lasts?? not sure yet. i'm heavy handed (WEN loves this and totally encourages it. i sorta hate that part of the marketing but oh well) and i've been trying fig and pumpkin at the same time at different intervals so i can't totally say yet...

nzeee So you use Wen as a leave-in too? My routine is working right now but I do use a lot of products to get a good end result. I could probably simplify but I over-think and use this for strength, that as a humectant, this as a sealent, etc.

I'll try Wen after my current set of shampoo/condish is used up. :yep:

What are your fav conditioners for:

Co-washing: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Deep conditioning: Aubrey Organics Honey Suckle Rose
Leave-in: N/A
Detangling: Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Protein: Aubrey Organics Glycogen Protein Balancing
Other purposes (state how you use it): Trader Joe's Refresh mixed with honey and an oil when I'm out of everything else.

nzeee So you use Wen as a leave-in too? My routine is working right now but I do use a lot of products to get a good end result. I could probably simplify but I over-think and use this for strength, that as a humectant, this as a sealent, etc.

I'll try Wen after my current set of shampoo/condish is used up. :yep:

Raspberry: :yep: leave-in too. i use WEN for errythang!! but that's cuz i'm lazy and soooo tired of trying different things. if what you're using works stick w/ it and use WEN as a cleanser only. no biggie, it will def last longer that way.

OT (sorta): I noticed many of you use Giovanni products. Tom Thumb (and probably the rest of the Safeway family) has the line BOGO Free (aka 2 for $7-8). And some bottles have $1 off coupons. Sale is good through Nov 6th. YMMV.

I am definitely a conditioner junkie, i get exited when i discover a new conditioner, makes me want to run to the shower and try it out.
Here's my list:-

Co-washing: Herbal Essence Hello Hydration Hair Mask in the tub (don't know if they have the mask in the USA)
Deep conditioning: Aussie Deeeeeeep 3 minute mask in the purple bottle mixed with avocado oil and porosity control conditioner
Leave-in: Tresseme naturals no silicone nourishing moisture conditioner used as a leave in and mixed with avocado oil
Detangling: again herbal essence hello hydration mask
Protein: aphogee 2 min keratin re constructor (a light protein as my hair hates protein!)
Other purposes (state how you use it):

Co-washing: Desert Essence Coconut, Garnier Pure Clean
Deep conditioning: Live Clean Argan Restorative Mask
Leave-in: CJ Curl Rehab, CJ Argan Daily, Oyin Hair Dew
Detangling: Any of the above
Protein: Oyin Honey Hemp (don't need a lot of protein)
Other purposes (state how you use it): rotate CJ Smoothing Conditioner as leave-in

Last edited:

Co-washing
protein: Hairveda Moist Condition Pro
moisture: Curl Junkie Beauticurls

Deep conditioning
Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner

Leave-in
Bee Mine Hair Milk topped with a little Bee Mine Luscious sealed with oil

Detangling
Oil of choice during pre-wash detangling

Protein
SSI Okra Reconstructor
Yeeessss. Omg I LOVE the Kenra.

Cowashing:
Suave Tropical Coconut (+ ayurveda powders)

Leave In:
Suave Tropical Coconut (in a spray bottle + water and a little oil)

Deep Conditioning:
Queen Helene Cholesterol (+EVOO and salt)
Hibiscus paste (using any condish I'm trying to use up)

Protein:
Queen Helene Choleterol + 1 egg and/or a few globs of full fat yogurt
Motions CPR
Megatek (lately, until it's gone)

Other uses:
Styling-
Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition (twistouts/braidouts)
Aussie Moist (heat styling)

Sealing-
Aussie Moist or Tresemme Moisture Rich (using cones to seal makes my hair soft w/o being oily)

Cleansing-
Suave Tropical Coconut condish + cleansing ayurveda powders (Shikakai, Amla and/or Neem)
I use this for my weekly "wash" and any mid week "washes". I do incorporate a clarifying shampoo (Suave) every other month or so.

Last edited:

Co-washing: Aussie Moist, Suave Captivating curls
Deep conditioning: Silicon Mix/ Mixed Silk DC
Leave-in: Giovanni 50/50 conditioner or V05 strawberries and cream
Detangling: KCNT or Giovanni 50/50 Conditioner
Protein: Aphogee 2 minute
Other purposes (state how you use it):Organix Moroccan Oil Conditioner- leave in

Last edited:

for co washing and prepooing i like natures gate aloe vera moisturizing condish!

Co-washing: Curl Junkie Daily Fix

Deep conditioning: Hairveda[FONT=Arial, Geneva, sans-serif]SitriNillah -Ultra Moisturizing Deep Conditioner [/FONT]

Leave-in: Curl Junkie Coffee Coco Curl Cream :lick:

Detangling:n/a

Protein: Hairveda Acai Berry Phyto- PROTEIN Restorative Conditioner

Other purposes (state how you use it): Avocado Oil (sealing) Jane Carter Nourish and Shine (heavy sealing for the VERY ends of my hair only.:yep:)

Last edited:

Co-washing: SM Restorative..I don't really cowash tho
Deep conditioning: LustraSilk S&M
Leave-in: SM Curl Style milk
Detangling: Taliah Waajid Bodyifying mist
Protein: I don't use protein cuz I henna
Other purposes (state how you use it): Tresemme Naturals as a prepoo or to mix with henna

Co-washing: Shikakai Cowash :love: with Suave Humectant, or Almond & Shea

Conditioning: Aubrey Organics White Camelia (this conditioner is The Truth & The Way!) , Aussie Moist

Deep conditioning: Silicon Mix mixed with Aussie 3min Miracle

Leave-in: Lacio Lacio mixed with a dab of Curls Coconut Curladaa

Detangling: AOWC mixed with AVJ, ceramide oils, and water in a spray bottle. Denman slides through my hair like Butter!

Protein: Mega Tek :up:, Aphogee 2 minute

Other purposes (state how you use it):Curls Coconut Curladaa with some castor oil. I use this as a daily mositurizer for my boys hair.

Bump, bump, bump it up!

:bump:

Co-washing
Giovanni Smooth as silk

Deep conditioning
Shescentit Avocado
Bee Mine DC

Leave-in
Darcy's Daily Leave in
Shescenit coco creme

Detangling
Giovanni SAS

Protein
SSI Okra Reconstructor, Aphogee 2 minute

i don't co-wash.

leave-ins/detanglers: darcy's leave-in, komaza coconut curl lotion, komaza shea butter lotion or oyin hair dew ( i buy whatever is on sale in 2's or the largest size i can)

shampoo: giovanni 50/50

conditioners: aubrey's gbp, j.ay, or hsr (buy these in 2's or 3's)

protein: komaza protein strengthner (monthly hardcore) or aubrey's gbp

moisturizers: claudies isha cream, murumuru-acai, quinoa coffee balancing, end balancing insurance

sealants: a mix of kukui, evco, evoo, and/or meadowfoam and will soon add sapote oil

Co-washing: Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner
Deep conditioning: (Tie) Doo Gro Mega Long Reconstructor mixed with Hollywood Beauty Carrot Oil Cholestrol Creme
Leave-in: (Nonprotein) California Baby Seriously Sensitive Lotion; (Protein) Giovanni Smooth as Silk
Detangling: Trader Joe's Tingle Treat Conditioner although ALL of my conditioners are detangling
Protein: Doo Gro Mega Thick Deep Conditioning Treatment every 6 weeks (keratin)
Other purposes (state how you use it):

Co-washing: Aubrey Organics GPB (AO GPB)
Deep conditioning: AO GPB
Leave-in: AO GPB (ao conditioners in a spritz with water & oil)
Detangling: AO GPB
Protein: AO GPB
Other purposes (state how you use it): AO GPB in a spritz of distilled water and castor/jojoba oil

Last edited:

Co-washing: AO HSR, Aussie Moist
Deep conditioning: Jessicurl DC tx, or CJ deep fix
Leave-in: Shea Moisture Restorative conditioner
Detangling: same as my leave in
Protein: AO GPB

Last edited:
Cowash; HE LTR, Suave Humectant, Tresemme Naturals, Suave Almond Shea

Deep Condition: Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing treatment, AO Rosa Mosqueta, Cholesterol, Kerastase

Leave in: Aveeno Nourish Leave in Treatment, Giovanni direct

Detangling: Aveeno Nourish Leave in Treatment (love this stuff), Tresemme Naturals

Protein: AO GPB, Giovanni Xtreme Protein

Last edited:

What are your fav conditioners for:

Co-washing: V05 or Suave naturals bc they are a runny texture and are very easy to distribute and also smell really nice!

Deep conditioning: Capilo Suela y Canela, Novex Chocolate Treatment, Oyin Honey Hemp, Curl Junkie Hibiscus + Banana Deep Fix

Leave-in:Oyin Hair Dew or V05 Moisture Milks

Detangling: Oyin Honey Hemp or V05 Moisture Milks

Protein: Africa's Best Hair Mayo...somethin like that...i don't really need a lot of protein so i just like this bc its cheap and gets the job done when needed:yep:

Other purposes (state how you use it): None

Co-washing: Still on the hunt for a good one. :(

Deep conditioning: Silk Dreams Vanilla Silk Dream Moisture Cream

Leave-in: Curls Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion

Detangling: Curls Curl Assurance Smoothing Lotion

Protein: Silk Dreams Shea What!

Co-washing:
Elasta QP Intense Fortifying Conditioner
Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner

Deep Conditioning:
Hairveda Sitrinillah Masque
ORS Olive Oil Replenishing
Shescentit Avocado
Shescentit Banana Brulee

Leave-in:
As I Am Naturally Leave-in
Darcy’s Botanicals Daily Leave-in
Darcy’s Botanicals Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk

Detangling:
Elasta QP Creme Conditioning Shampoo
ORS Replenishing Conditioner

Protein:
ApHogee Keratin 2-Minute Reconstructor
Colorful Neutral Protein Filler
ORS Replenishing Conditioner

Other Purposes (state how you use it):

Refresher:
Darcy’s Botanicals Transitioning Creme

Cleansing:
As I Am Naturally Coconut Co-Wash Cleansing Conditioner

Detangling: AOWC mixed with AVJ, ceramide oils, and water in a spray bottle. Denman slides through my hair like Butter!

Hey MrsJaiDiva can you be a bit more specific about how you make this? What is AVJ and what are ceramide oils? How much of each ingredient do you use? Thanks!

I looooooove conditioner. :heart:

CoWashing
Tresemme Naturals

Deep Conditioning
JessiCurl Deep Conditioning Treatment (Fragrance Free)
Curl Junkie Rehab (Strawberry)

Leave-In
Curl Junkie Argan & Olive Oil Daily Conditioner
Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion
Giovanni Direct Leave-In (If I don't have the other two on hand)

I can detangle with any of those conditioners.

Back