Conditioner Frustration-stretching

serendipity

Can anyone recommend a conditioner for relaxer stretches on 4a/b hair?

I'm forever trying new conditioners and get excited when they perform well on my freshly relaxed hair. However as the new growth sets in, their effectiveness ceases. I've experienced this with Giovanni, Keracare, ORS, Nature's Gate and quite a few others. A conditioner that works well on relaxed hair with a lot of regrowth is proving to be my stumbling block.
Can anyone recommend a conditioner for relaxer stretching on 4a/b hair? Ideally, I'd like something thick as the thin(ner) ones seem to do nothing for me.

These are cheap and effective:

- Tressemme Moisture Rich Conditioner
- Aussie Moist Conditioner
- Motions CPR Protein Reconstructor

When my new growth gets super thick around the 3-4 month mark, these are what I cling to.

I'm not relaxed at all, but 'It's a 10 Mask' makes your hair SUPER soft. I've used it and have heard the same thing from relaxed and natural ladies.

Paul Mitchell Supercharged Moisturising Treatment is excellent. Or perhaps add some oil to your conditioner or even try oil rinsing.

How are you applying your conditioner, are you parting the hair and applying it from root to tip? This is quite important when stretching imo - don't rush this part, allow yourself plenty of time.

I had that same problem with the same conditioners during my transition. Aussie Moist condish and Pantene Relaxed & Natural condish helped me through that part.

Deep conditioner: One n Only Argan Oil Restorative Mask
Regular conditioner: One n Only argan oil conditioner melts my tangles...Hair one is also good too
Cholesterol: LeKair has amazinggg slip

I'm transitioning and i've gone through eight or nine detanglers and conditioners. The only thing that has worked for me is Earth's Nectar Nourishing Conditioning Milk. It's a natural product made by the owner of a natural hair salon. My comb went through my hair like a hot knife through butter and i'm 17 weeks post :yep:

nourish.jpg

I currently use Nexxus Humectress, but it's kind of thin.

For moisture, try Motions Moisture Plus and for light protein, Motions CPR is great. I also add 1 tablespoon of EVOO and 2 tablespoons of honey (heated in microwave for 12 seconds) to all of my deep conditioners to help with moisture and softness.

Can anyone recommend a conditioner for relaxer stretches on 4a/b hair?

I'm forever trying new conditioners and get excited when they perform well on my freshly relaxed hair. However as the new growth sets in, their effectiveness ceases. I've experienced this with Giovanni, Keracare, ORS, Nature's Gate and quite a few others. A conditioner that works well on relaxed hair with a lot of regrowth is proving to be my stumbling block.
Can anyone recommend a conditioner for relaxer stretching on 4a/b hair? Ideally, I'd like something thick as the thin(ner) ones seem to do nothing for me.

OP, are you looking for good DC's or good cowash CON's?

For co-washing and detangling my tried and true always see me through is Aussie Moist, Tressemme is ok, but AM is always on stash, along with a bottle or two of Aussie Deeeep.

If it's DC's which Keracare Con are you using? I love the Humecto, it's my staple during stretches, during one of my last stretches I started adding JBCO and it made me love it even more....

Giovanni did nothing for me either, but I will use ORS from time to time in between receiving tubs of KC Humecto. I used to use Yes to Carrots, it was ok.

I've tried a few others and I know, Silicon Mix, is ubber moisturizing, too much so for my hair, one use and I gave it away.

I am not sure if u like mineral oil in your rinse out cond but silk elements luxury moisturizing cond, elasta qp soy oyl or dpr-11, keracare humecto, joico body luxe all give me excellent slip and tames my new growth very well. I am texlaxed and these are all very thick

Thanks for all your responses ladies:)

I am really looking for deep moisturizing conditioner that can detangle new growth. My hair is quite thick and I apply my conditioner with a color tint brush but so far nothing really does the trick on my new growth.

I recently ordered some Dominican dcs and I'm hoping Silicon Mix will do the trick. If anyone has any further recommendations, please post them.

Last edited:
For me Humectin from Nexus and Joico recovery treatment balm or intense hydrator are the truth as far as taming my new growth while streching is concerned

Olive Oil Replenishing Conditioner + Aussie Miracle Moist left on for an 1hr without heat.

My sis is about 10 months into her first stretch ever, and she's been co-washing weekly with Mane & Tail Conditioner (the new formula). She's relaxed bone straight and her new growth looks to be 4a? The conditioner makes her ng so soft and easy to detangle. She says she's in no rush to relax (a true miracle statement coming from her, trust me lol).

HTH

Back