CONDITIONER FOR CONDITIONER WASHES???

Wolftrap

What have you ladies that do conditioner washes find to be the best for you? I have tried VO5 and I like that but only when my relaxer is fresh. When I start getting 6 weeks post relaxer it does not have the same results and I end up having to combine it with my Garnier in order for my hair to detangle.

Are there any conditioners that you use that work consistently in giving you slip and detangling even if you are stretching your relaxer?

I use Suave Naturals Coconut Conditioner for co-washes. I use this when stretching my relaxer as well. For detangling, I use Motions Nourish leave-in conditioner.

Wolftrap,

I love that Garnier! It has been working miracles on my softening and detangling my new growth and I'm approaching week 9!!!! I love it. Thanks to DontSpeakDefeat!
smile.gif

Hmmmm....new-growth friendly conditioners for conditioner washes:

VO5 Oasis Honey and Almond (thicker than reg. VO5..does a great job at detangling)

St. Ives Vanilla and Edelweiss (made my new growth nice and soft)

Another thing I do to soften new growth is put some conditioner in a spout bottle with a little water and squirt on to dry hair, especially the roots....until all the hair is saturated....cover with plastic cap for a while then rinse in the shower. I sometimes condition and rinse again.

VO5 Nourishing Oasis Honey & Almond is my staple for conditioner washes. It provides great slip.
up.gif

Chichi
bdance.gif

I think I am going to pick up this VO5 oasis stuff. What is the difference between this and the other VO5 conditioners? Cause I use the herbal one I think it is in the strawberries and cream scent and just wanted to know if there is a significant difference

ITA V05 Honey and Almond. On the weekend Nexxus Humetress and sometimes I use the Suave conditioners too for daily rinses.

I went on the VO5 website and this stuff sounds interesting. Is the honey almond one the only one that will work or do the other scents do the same?

I use Nature's Gate Original and Aloe, followed by my real conditioner... something w/a purpose that I use w/heat.

Since I started adding coconut milk, honey & natural oils to conditioner washes, any cheap conditioner now works like a charm on my 4b new growth. I have used sauve coconut, humectant, & awapu conditioners (with the add ins) with excellent results. Also herbal essence & vo5. Perfect hair no matter the conditioner. I think the coconut milk and honey just infuses ANY conditioner with extra moisture & slip.

Wolftrap, I noticed you are using Keracare Humecto shampoo. Have you tried the Moisturizing Conditioner? Not the one for dry and itchy scalp, but the regular one? That really works for me. I also noticed that V05 only works when my relaxer is fresh, but I do use the Keracare when Ihave lots of new growth and its wonderful! Also, when my new growth is really out of control, I sleep in the Keracare conditioner once a week and rinse it in the morning and my hair feels like silk!

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
Since I started adding coconut milk, honey & natural oils to conditioner washes, any cheap conditioner now works like a charm on my 4b new growth. I have used sauve coconut, humectant, & awapu conditioners (with the add ins) with excellent results. Also herbal essence & vo5. Perfect hair no matter the conditioner. I think the coconut milk and honey just infuses ANY conditioner with extra moisture & slip.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is oh so true! When I buy something new I try it the first time w/o the coconut milk just to see how good it is on it's own. But even the most average conditioner becomes a perfect conduit when you have coconut milk!
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

I bought Wella In-Depth to be my "moisturizing/non protein conditioner" post shampoo...didn't much care for it. Saw it in the closet the other day, tried it for a co wash. LOVED it!! Go figure!!!

Hmmmm...

The coconut milk sounds very intriguing....has anyone tried this on new growth w/relaxed hair? Also, how exactly do you mix it with your conditioners? Do you put it in a separate container (like a spout bottle) and shake it up and then apply it to the hair? Or do you mix it in with the bottle of conditioner and keep the conditioner store in the fridge? When does coconut milk start to go bad?

Neroli,

Can you provide the measurements for adding that stuff, I may try it when my new growth "carpet":) starts to come in.

[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
Hmmmm...

The coconut milk sounds very intriguing....has anyone tried this on new growth w/relaxed hair? Also, how exactly do you mix it with your conditioners? Do you put it in a separate container (like a spout bottle) and shake it up and then apply it to the hair? Or do you mix it in with the bottle of conditioner and keep the conditioner store in the fridge? When does coconut milk start to go bad?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 4b relaxed hair and here's what I do -- the measurements are not exact, but a good approximation of what I am for when mixing -- I don't even really measure anymore, just aim for a certain consistency and this formula is a good guide (sometimes have to add more than a 1/3 conditioner depending on brand/formulation in order to get thicker -- just play around with it and see what works for you): 1/3 conditioner, 1/3 coconut milk, 1/4 honey, 1 teaspoon castor oil, 1 teaspoon jojoba (the conditioner and natural oils change; i.e, substitue wheat germ oil, avacodo, EVOO, coconut oil, etc. for the castor or jojoba - whatever I have). I mix all together in bowl and then apply that mixture to my dry hair and work thru from roots to end. Then I cover with plastic cap and leave on from 10-30 minutes, depending on how much time I have. Then I rinse out thoroughly with cool water and do a final ACV rinse. Then I'm ready for leave-in and roller sets. This combo leaves my hair tangle-free, smooth and soft as silk. I am at 9 weeks post relaxer and this mixture every 3-4 days is all I need to keep new growth moisturized and soft. I don't use anything in between washes. The coconut milk is DA BOMB! I can't imagine not using it now. I keep unused portion tightly sealed in the fridge and I get 3 washes out of each can -- lasts about 2 weeks if refrigerated.

<font color="purple">I love the idea that coconut milk is a natural humectant when mixed with other conditioners and oils for moisture and slip. I think I'm going to try your recipe, Neroli. I'll let you know the results tomorrow. </font>

<font color="purple">I love the Milk &amp; Honey conditioner, too. Smoooooooth and smells nice. I also use Tropical Coconut, VO5 Strawberries and Cream, Creamy Peach, Kiwi and Lime and Melon &amp; Cucumber. My hair loves yummy treats for the summer. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
Neroli said:
[ QUOTE ]
JenJen2721 said:
Hmmmm...

[/ QUOTE ]

I have 4b relaxed hair and here's what I do -- the measurements are not exact, but a good approximation of what I am for when mixing -- I don't even really measure anymore, just aim for a certain consistency and this formula is a good guide (sometimes have to add more than a 1/3 conditioner depending on brand/formulation in order to get thicker -- just play around with it and see what works for you): 1/3 conditioner, 1/3 coconut milk, 1/4 honey, 1 teaspoon castor oil, 1 teaspoon jojoba (the conditioner and natural oils change; i.e, substitue wheat germ oil, avacodo, EVOO, coconut oil, etc. for the castor or jojoba - whatever I have). I mix all together in bowl and then apply that mixture to my dry hair and work thru from roots to end. Then I cover with plastic cap and leave on from 10-30 minutes, depending on how much time I have. Then I rinse out thoroughly with cool water and do a final ACV rinse. Then I'm ready for leave-in and roller sets. This combo leaves my hair tangle-free, smooth and soft as silk. I am at 9 weeks post relaxer and this mixture every 3-4 days is all I need to keep new growth moisturized and soft. I don't use anything in between washes. The coconut milk is DA BOMB! I can't imagine not using it now. I keep unused portion tightly sealed in the fridge and I get 3 washes out of each can -- lasts about 2 weeks if refrigerated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for the info, Neroli!
smile.gif

GUUUURRRLL,
I tried Herbal Essence conditioning balm for the first time today. I just used it as a CO wash and my hair felt like BUTTER!!! OMG it was 5.00 a little expensive to use as a conditioner wash but it worked GREAT!!
Suave Milk n honey, awapuhi, biobasics, and humectant also work great.

All those that suggested the VO5 Thanks so much! I washed my hair with it tonight and I LOVED it. It detangled and everything. This is just what I was looking for. Thanks ladies. You never seem to disappoint

i like the suave natural conditioners like tropical coconut and milk &amp;honey! they are great! i also like the proffesionals conditioners made by suave like the humecant and biolage!

Back