Conair's KNOCK OFF DENMAN BRUSH...i'm in love..

Freespirit02

Okay i went to Sally's with every intention of buying the real denman..but i couldn't part with my 15 bucks and have it not work. So i was in CVS and I saw that conair had a knock of version of the denman. Same pink and tan color. So I bought it for four dollars. I was expecting it suck..but it didn't:grin:..my hair is dry with moisturizer..and it slid right through my natural puff..lol. So if you don't feel like spend the money on the denman..holla at conair..

I bought one too CVS had them buy 1 get 1 free! I mean for $4 I couldn't go wrong. I mean there arent any seams on the bristles or anything that looks like it could snag hair...also it feels good on my scalp.

I got my denman type brush at tjmaxx. It's pretty good. The part with the rubber teeth can slide in and out of the handle part. I don't remember what brand it is. At tjmaxx they usually have overstock of products sold at department stores and salons, etc., so it may be one of those. Point being - Denman's not the only game in town.

Annie also makes one that has a white body with the same orange-y Denman-colored rubber cushion. I think it's around $3-$4 as well. It's what I used until I lost it and just went and bought the Denman since it was on sale that day.

So how do you ladies use the Deman type brush?

I am just hearing about this and what I have read on Sally is that people use it to detangle wet hair?!?!?!? :naughty: I AM SHOCKED!!!

That goes everything I was always taught about wet hair and brushes, let alone dry hair and brushes :blush:.

Can you do this on wet relaxed hair w/ NG? :ohwell:

Actually..when I had permed hair..i would NEVER brush it wet. Now that i'm natural..i always brush my hair wet. When I usually brush my hair..I detangle it with my shower comb..From tip to root(with conditioner) and then brush from tip to root. Lately..i've been using the "denman" on my dry hair..but with plenty of moisturizer. It feels so good on my scalp.

So how do you ladies use the Deman type brush?

I am just hearing about this and what I have read on Sally is that people use it to detangle wet hair?!?!?!? :naughty: I AM SHOCKED!!!

That goes everything I was always taught about wet hair and brushes, let alone dry hair and brushes :blush:.

Can you do this on wet relaxed hair w/ NG? :ohwell:

That's exactly how I use it. I never brush my dry hair...frizz city! It's great for detangling and smoothing. I used it in my transition on wet relaxed hair with NG to tame the NG like no other. I'm sorry sista, somebody done told you wrong! Denman is the business. And I don't manipulate my dry natural hair b/c I'm asking for breakage if I do (unless it's straightened).

Also, OP, WOW...$15!!!! At my Sally Beauty, they're $7.99. *Kanye shrug*

^^ co-sign. I used it on my wet transitioning hair and now I use it on my wet natural hair. I think the brush no-no is referring to the soft bristle brushes, not Denman-type brushes.

Thank you for the responses but both of you are natural. Is there anyone using this on strictly relaxed hair when it's wet? I am not transitioning any longer, just doing 12 week stretches. From what you are describing it sounds like this is for transitioners and naturals only.

I am such a P JUNKIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!! DAMN IT! :grin:

Last edited:
I used mine on wet relaxed hair but only after detangling it with a comb. I was too scared to try to detangle it using the brush. I use it to massage my scalp.. it seems less agitating to my roots than if I do it with my fingers.

Now that I have sat and thought about this... I realize what this brush is. They use these A LOT in Dominican salons to wrap your hair. I felt after awhile it was taking out my hair during the wrapping process, so I switched to wrapping with wide tooth combs instead. No one ever tried it on my hair wet though...

Luv - sorry I thread jacked you there for a min! :)

Back