Conair Steam Straightner

Dauntless

Has anyone tried this? I previously owned and Maxi glide and I loved it I loved how it keep my hair feeling soft and moist after straightening...It Never got my hair Bone Bone straight but it was sleek and bouncy. It ended up breaking and leaking water all over me whenever I used it. So I retired it and purchased a FHI. My FHI is cool..but i miss the feeling the steam gave my hair....I saw the infomercial for the Conair Steam Straightener and wondered if anyone here on LHCF has tried it...I like the fact that it doesn't look as bulkly as the Maxi , nor does it have the annoying teeth... Anyone tried it?

Also has anyone exprienced the same water leak probelm with the Maxi?

http://conairsteamstraight.com/mc/home_002.asp

Has anyone tried this? I previously owned and Maxi glide and I loved it I loved how it keep my hair feeling soft and moist after straightening...It Never got my hair Bone Bone straight but it was sleek and bouncy. It ended up breaking and leaking water all over me whenever I used it. So I retired it and purchased a FHI. My FHI is cool..but i miss the feeling the steam gave my hair....I saw the infomercial for the Conair Steam Straightener and wondered if anyone here on LHCF has tried it...I like the fact that it doesn't look as bulkly as the Maxi , nor does it have the annoying teeth... Anyone tried it?

Also has anyone exprienced the same water leak probelm with the Maxi?

Hi Dauntless and welcome!

I love my Maxiglide and I haven't had a problem with it leaking water at all. Check the plug and make sure that the waterplug is in tightly. HTH

I saw the Conair in TJMaxx on Saturday for $99.99 and I got a good look at it and it does look like a great product. I didn't purchase it, but I am contemplating on getting it.

Hopefully someone who has tried it will come on in the thread.

Thanks..I'm going to check Traycee out...I think my Maxi Glide was damaged when I moved :( I tried fixing it but no luck....:( and i'm not cool with water drippin all over me while I use an electrical appliance..So I'm between buying a new Maxi and trying this Conair...

I have it and I like it. The only thing I wish is that the steam was more consistent instead of coming out in pulses. I had the original Conair steam straightener and the steam action was more constant.

I bit the bullet. I've been checking out this iron for a while now. Most of the online reviews on various sites have been favorable when the reviewer was AA. Also, Traycee's review on her blog was positive.

I am becoming a flat iron junkie I think, though I may flat iron 5X a year if that. (I have 4 flat irons now-but not all expensive ones like this one) I decided to get it at Target so that I could easily take it right back if I wasn't satisfied. I got a little surprise too. I got a $10 Target gift card with the purchase of the flat iron, but I couldn't use it toward that purchase.

I like the idea of a flat iron that steams the hair in the process of straightening it. We all know that steam is good for conditioning the hair. :) I tried it on a section of hair when I got home of course and it's true what they say about the shine! The hair is really shiny and smooth looking. I can't wait to see what it is like when my hair is freshly washed, conditioned, and air dried.

This post has made me want to wash my hair tonight and try my Maxiglide without the pins instead of my "buddy" Sedu. I haven't used it in forever and my MG probably misses me. My hair thanks you for this post because I'm 9 weeks post relaxer trying to make it to 10 and I was about to relax tonight. I can make it with the help of my MG.

this seems like an interesting product i might try it not anytime soon tho the price is too high

Back