Conair Steam Straightner

ImFree27

I'm boerd and up real late watching infomercials. lol. They have the Steam straightener looks similar to the maxiglide. It has the comb detangler settings for 3 different hair types. it looks cool. well all infomercials look cool. you can try it for free for 30 days, i'm thinking about trying it and then prob send it back :) http://www.conairsteamstraight.com/home_002.asp

I saw that too one sleepless night:yawn:. If you try it I'm interested to know how you like it. Did you see the infomercial about the straightener from Japan? I liked that it seemed to heat yet stay cool enough to get right on the roots without that shock of heat on the scalp (I hate that!). It didn't have the comb detangler thingy, though:sad:

I saw that too one sleepless night:yawn:. If you try it I'm interested to know how you like it. Did you see the infomercial about the straightener from Japan? I liked that it seemed to heat yet stay cool enough to get right on the roots without that shock of heat on the scalp (I hate that!). It didn't have the comb detangler thingy, though:sad:

No I didn't see that one, what was the name of it

I ordered it last night, I will post results when it comes, if it does nothing, back it will go.........

I'm looking at this trying to figure out where and what the retractable detangling combs are and what they do, I dont see them on the straightener

The maxiglide I didnt like because of the teeth! I took it back

But on this I dont see teeth in fact I cant see what they are talking about with the detangling combs at all :look:

they showed them on the plates in the video the website shows you; but it was a small screen, maybe they're hard to see.

maybe they're retracted? that's why you don't see them! :grin: i supposed it'd just look like a little row of holes on one of the plates.

they showed them on the plates in the video the website shows you; but it was a small screen, maybe they're hard to see.

maybe they're retracted? that's why you don't see them! :grin: i supposed it'd just look like a little row of holes on one of the plates.

yeah i see those, it didnt register as a comb to me but like you said maybe they are retracted, so that would be good if you have a choice to use them or not

I'm boerd and up real late watching infomercials. lol. They have the Steam straightener looks similar to the maxiglide. It has the comb detangler settings for 3 different hair types. it looks cool. well all infomercials look cool. you can try it for free for 30 days, i'm thinking about trying it and then prob send it back :) http://www.conairsteamstraight.com/home_002.asp

there is a member here who purchased this and posted a review of it. I will see if I can find the thread and bump it up for you.

With the Conair you can choose not to use the teeth at all. I think there are 3 settings for them if I recall. I sent mine back. But you don't have to order online, Target & Ulta carries it.

sent it back? so you didn't like it, then? why not?

yeah dont leave us hanging!

Bumping for msshic to chime in.

Yeap, sent it back. It left my hair a frizzy mess, I guess I had the inclination that the steam would add/keep moisture in my hair but once I finished flat ironing my whole head was a frizzy, dry mess. It didn't straighten anywhere near as good as my FHI or Jilbere, so yeap it went right back the very next day.

But, since you can now get them at Target or Ulta if you're really interested try it and take it back. At least you won't have to pay for s/h (but then again gas is just as high)

If I'm not mistaken Traycee did a review on it as well and she liked it for her relaxed hair but not her neice's natural hair.

Has anyone else tried this or ordered one recently? I was watching the informercial early last week before I read thie thread and ordered it last week. I couldn't wait for it to get here so I called customer service on Monday and the rep said they were out of stock but were supposed to get a new shipment this week.

I ordered it and sent it back only because the Maxiglide was cheaper and I liked more teeth. This conair thingy is lighter and cute. My child has 4z hair and i needed something a lil more powerful but it worked well for my fine hair. It didn't leave my hair as silky as the Maxiglide though. I mean, it works for Traycee's hair and she has at least 60 zillion more hairs on her head than I have. On a scale of 1 - 10, I'd give it a 6.5 or 7.

I have the conair thingy , its great for my hair , it's not very coarse and when I use the steam iron I can do my hair in about 20 mins. I have a maxiglide, used that a few times, I didnt like all the teeth and with my fluffy strands just felt it was way to much for me.

Well I called their Customer Service again about my order and they are still out of stock so I just cancelled my order since I am moving this week. I would like to try a flat iron that has steam so I may try something else.

So just checking back with the conair, I forgot to post, but I like it and I love the steam, I tried one section without the steam and hair was not as moisturized and then I tried a section with the steam and it was a huge difference, I like it a lot. i have pics in my fotki when i straighen it like 2 weeks ago and i put the temp on like 330 I think but i know it was the second temp. the first temp was not hot enough..

So just checking back with the conair, I forgot to post, but I like it and I love the steam, I tried one section without the steam and hair was not as moisturized and then I tried a section with the steam and it was a huge difference, I like it a lot. i have pics in my fotki when i straighen it like 2 weeks ago and i put the temp on like 330 I think but i know it was the second temp. the first temp was not hot enough..

Hey can you show pics of your results? I was thinking about buying one. Just wanted to see how well it straightens on natural hair.

Back