Comprehending God's Truth

Prudent1

Sept. 22, 2009
Comprehending God's Truth
2 Corinthians 2:10-16
The Lord speaks to us so that we may fully understand His truth. He has a specific message, and He wants us to grasp it carefully and completely. God doesn't speak in riddles; He speaks in a way that we can comprehend.
Now, we may not always understand everything He says to us. All of us struggle to interpret His message at times. However, we must realize that this difficulty is not because the message is foggy. Rather, it is because something in our own lives is blocking our ears or getting in the way of His truth.
Unforgiveness may prevent us from hearing God correctly. Fear, anxiety, doubt, and prayerlessness can also create spiritual "static" that clogs our ears. At times, though, the biggest distraction is our own minds--that is, our human tendency to figure things out for ourselves. That attitude can create a wall between our ears and God's voice, and it is a wall we must tear down.
Remember, the reason we can hear the Lord is because He put His own Holy Spirit in our hearts. You see, nonbelievers are not able to understand the things of God because they have only their human minds to use in interpreting. As Christians, however, we have the Holy Spirit, who works to make the Lord's communication clear to us.
Do you struggle to comprehend God's message? If you approach every challenge with determination to understand and master all aspects of the situation, the answer may be yes. Slow down. Surrender your anxious thoughts to Him, letting His wisdom fill your spirit--and your mind.
Dr Charles Stanley

Sept. 22, 2009
Unforgiveness may prevent us from hearing God correctly. Fear, anxiety, doubt, and prayerlessness can also create spiritual "static" that clogs our ears. At times, though, the biggest distraction is our own minds--that is, our human tendency to figure things out for ourselves. That attitude can create a wall between our ears and God's voice, and it is a wall we must tear down.
Dr Charles Stanley

This paragraph really stood out to me....thanks for sharing!

You're welcome! It did for me too a few years back(this truth). I was so used to thinking everything through for myself. It was hard for me to trust God and relenquish what I thought was control over my every situation. Once I really learned this... wow the freedom and peace I feel is amazing!!

Last edited:
We're studying this in church right now. My pastor said something very similar. One thing that he said was "We all can have the bible, believers and nonbelievers, but believers should have the advantage because we should know the author of the book and He is there to help explain to us what He meant." Some of us are just reading the book and trying to comprehend spiritual information with our natural intellect. It was never designed to be that way.

Slow down. Surrender your anxious thoughts to Him, letting His wisdom fill your spirit--and your mind.

Prudent1 thank you for this message. This part stood out to me really loud.

Back