Committment to Total Health and Beauty 2006-Update

tastesosweet

HAPPY NEW YEAR LADIES! Ok, I've been thumbing through the forum and have seen a few regimens posted--a reminder that I need to get going on posting mine. I was trying to wait until I had my fotki album fully updated (though I did add a few new pics), but oh well here goes:

-I received my copy of "Slim Down Sister" http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0452280605/103-4507582-9320627?v=glance&n=283155
and read it again from cover to cover. I've been adhering to their 1500-calorie a day diet. The recipes in the book are the bomb!
-I am taking a Women's multivitamin (2) and a Hair, Skin and Nail vitamin I found at Whole Foods called Maxi Hair (2).
-I am drinking 80+ ounces of water a day.
-I will begin my exercise regimen over the weekend, working out on an elliptical trainer for at least 35 minutes for 5 days a week.
-I put my hair in two-strand twists with extensions with human hair. Prior to braiding, my hair was about an inch away from bra-strap. I'm hoping to reach below bra-strap by the end of this year.
-For my hair, I have been spraying it with my MTG mix 3x a week and oiling it with Rosemary Hair Oil infused with thyme, lavender, and rosewood.
-For my skin, I've following my usual regimen, including steaming and masking my face with an herbal clay mask once a week. I will follow this up by trying to get a facial at least once a month.
-Lastly, I am going to being the Dr. Natura Colonix Cleanse this Friday. www.drnatura.com
My cousin and I are doing this cleanse together. What I like about this program is that it is a slow cleanse so you are not a slave to the bathroom while you are on it. It also does not place you on any restrictive diet; however, there are certain foods you should avoid while doing it (mainly processed sugars and dairy products). I can follow the Slim Down Sister program while on this cleanse without an issue.

I'm excited about the what 2006 will bring and I want to hear what other ladies' total committment regimens include. Please share!

Last edited:
Girl I'm with you- I'm into a total health and beauty commitment for this year as well!

For my hair: I'm doing the Crown & Glory challenge with biweekly washes and treatments, weekly moisturization and protective styling, limiting heat, taking extra care of my ends, incorporating scalp massages and more protein, as well as jumping back on a vitamin regimen.

For my skin: I'm starting to exfoliate and moisturize more.

I also plan to take care of my nails better (ie stop biting my fingernails and making my toe nails prettier).

As for my body in regards to fitness, I plan to work out with a trainer 3x a week and jump-rope on the other days. I also want to stretch every day. This is also beneficial for the hair of course :D

Bring on the bangin' hair and body!

BahamaMama said:
Girl I'm with you- I'm into a total health and beauty commitment for this year as well!

For my hair: I'm doing the Crown & Glory challenge with biweekly washes and treatments, weekly moisturization and protective styling, limiting heat, taking extra care of my ends, incorporating scalp massages and more protein, as well as jumping back on a vitamin regimen.

For my skin: I'm starting to exfoliate and moisturize more.

I also plan to take care of my nails better (ie stop biting my fingernails and making my toe nails prettier).

As for my body in regards to fitness, I plan to work out with a trainer 3x a week and jump-rope on the other days. I also want to stretch every day. This is also beneficial for the hair of course :D

Bring on the bangin' hair and body!

Girl I completely forgot my nail regimen! I bought some stuff from Sally Beauty Supply called Calcium. http://www.sallybeauty.com/shop/3210/705500
I have a friend with the most beautiful natural nails and she said all she uses is a Calcium polish. So far so good. I have such thin, brittle nails from years of biting and I type all day so they usually break off. I've been using this stuff for a week and no breaks yet!

Sounds good, but I know I can't totally commit to it, because I don't always eat healthy. But I wish you all a healthy 2006!

you should come over and check our thread called extreme makeovers. Same concept (health, body, hair, skin etc.).:)

I'm in as well. I need the push and I am tried of living day by day eating what ever comes my way.

I have an OK diet but I have a problem with sugar and chips. I can go for days eating the stuff and I must give it up.

I am currently on the "Black Diet Doctor Solution" and so far so good. I have lost 4 pounds in 2 day! Granted a good bit (if not all) of it was water weight. The next few days will really tell the story. The only thing about this diet is the calorie intake is very, very low. But I mean to get this extra 20 pounds off!

My committment to Total Health and Beauty is to cut down the sugar by way of candy and cakes and to start Colonix ASAP!

Here to your Health & Beauty!
MonaRae!

MonaRae said:
I'm in as well. I need the push and I am tried of living day by day eating what ever comes my way.

I have an OK diet but I have a problem with sugar and chips. I can go for days eating the stuff and I must give it up.

I am currently on the "Black Diet Doctor Solution" and so far so good. I have lost 4 pounds in 2 day! Granted a good bit (if not all) of it was water weight. The next few days will really tell the story. The only thing about this diet is the calorie intake is very, very low. But I mean to get this extra 20 pounds off!

My committment to Total Health and Beauty is to cut down the sugar by way of candy and cakes and to start Colonix ASAP!

Here to your Health & Beauty!
MonaRae!

@ MonaRae, have you tried Colonix before? What did you think? So far so good for me!

I'll joim and post results in june, i've become so fat and ugly that its going to take a work of work to to sort myself out, i'm going to try stick with a healthy diet and excerise.

Back