Commercial Conditioners Are Annoying!

Aviah

Okay I was in the BSS the other day(this is in London BTW), for quite some time, trying to find products without cones. Wow, who knew it would be that hard?
All of them either had dimethicone, or mineral oil somewhere in there. I really wanna go cone-free as it just makes clarifying with baking soda easier- not to mention having to keep track of why my hair keeps drying out! With that said:is there anyone who knows what deep conditioners have no cones or mineral oil?

Jason Naturals and Giovanni are also also natural brands that are very affordable. I think you can get them from Vitacost as well :)

Yay. I'm in love. I tried ordering from them to the UK but the page was having a difficulty before I got to complete the order. Is shipping expensive with them?

When I buy from them the is only $4.99, Uk I don't know and you can get them from a health food store, but the are the cheapest at vitacost.

Last edited:
You could try doing an all natural DC...a good mix is honey, olive oil, and coconut oil. Honey is a humectant (attracts moisture to the hair) and is great for softness and shine. And olive & coconut oil both penetrate into the hair strand to nourish the hair.

You could probably find all of that in a grocery store. Just mix equal parts honey and oils, for example 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup olive, 1/4 coconut.

You could try doing an all natural DC...a good mix is honey, olive oil, and coconut oil. Honey is a humectant (attracts moisture to the hair) and is great for softness and shine. And olive & coconut oil both penetrate into the hair strand to nourish the hair.

You could probably find all of that in a grocery store. Just mix equal parts honey and oils, for example 1/2 cup honey, 1/4 cup olive, 1/4 coconut.

What she said:grin:

Hi there honey! NO needs to pay shipping services from us. Veganstore.co.uk have giovanni organic products for £7.99 conditioner and the shipping is £4.95 in orders over £15.00. Let me know if you like it. x

I love Aubrey Organics conditioners. There is a limited range in the UK and you can currently get them here http://www.essentialslondon.com. They currently have 15% discount on all AO products. I'm not sure how long this discount is for and if it just applies to online purchases. They are based at 169 Drury Lane, Covent Garden.

I ordered from www.vitaglo.com as I wanted White Camellia but my last shipment got stopped at customs and I got billed taxes and clearance charges which were more than the cost of the products themselves. I have ordered several times from them and also from SAMS for my JBCO without any charges. Both of my orders were stopped by customs this year so I think they are cracking down.

ETA to add that www.essentialslondon.com has free UK shipping for orders over £45.

Last edited:
ahhhh, thanks for that essentialslondon link.

now i'm confused lol. i was gonna try keracare but now that i can get AO, i dunno which to try first!!!!

ahhhh, thanks for that essentialslondon link.

now i'm confused lol. i was gonna try keracare but now that i can get AO, i dunno which to try first!!!!

You are more than welcome. I have never tried humecto so cannot compare. For the last 3 or 4 years I have only used natural products and humecto has mineral oil and parabens so I personally would not use it anyway.

I absolutely adore AO conditioners and have been using them solely during since 2005. There does not seem to be much of a price difference between the two brands though.

Okay I was in the BSS the other day(this is in London BTW), for quite some time, trying to find products without cones. Wow, who knew it would be that hard?
All of them either had dimethicone, or mineral oil somewhere in there. I really wanna go cone-free as it just makes clarifying with baking soda easier- not to mention having to keep track of why my hair keeps drying out! With that said:is there anyone who knows what deep conditioners have no cones or mineral oil?

Since your in london take a trip down to whole foods in high street kensington they stock giovanni and other natural organic products. Baldwins on the walworth road in south london stocks Aubrey organics and Jasons admitedly the range is limited but thats where I get the GPB and the HSR.

Honestly, the same issues exist with BSS's in New York.

That's why the only hair products I buy from them now are castor oil & JC Hair Nourishing Cream.

Hi there honey! NO needs to pay shipping services from us. Veganstore.co.uk have giovanni organic products for £7.99 conditioner and the shipping is £4.95 in orders over £15.00. Let me know if you like it. x

I'm lloking at the website, the stuff looks good but I cannot see what the ingredients are on the site. I'll keep looking, but the Giovanni products look really small... or is it just me?

Since your in london take a trip down to whole foods in high street kensington they stock giovanni and other natural organic products. Baldwins on the walworth road in south london stocks Aubrey organics and Jasons admitedly the range is limited but thats where I get the GPB and the HSR.

I checked them out, its where I get my shea butter. May have to take a visit back there...

Back