Coming out of lurk mode after 5 years

eliseatl

Hello beautiful lhcf ladies! I will make this my first post after lurking for almost 6 years. I'm very shy even online, so I remain low key and just enjoy reading the wealth of information that you all provide, and looking at the hair pics. :) I stumbled upon this site after doing a search on little black girls hair care( I have two daughters), and it led me to Cathy Howse's site and from there I saw someone's fotki, and she had a link to this forum. I had rarely ever seen black women with hair past shoulder length until I came to this site, so it gave me hope that I too could grow long hair. Well lets just say it's been a rough journey. I was relaxed, and my hair was barely at shoulder length when I discovered the site in 2005, and I tried all the hair care regimen suggested. I had even tried growth aids, but my hair remained at a solid shoulder length for 3 years, so finally in 2008 I decided to go natural and see if it would make a difference. My last relaxer was in Nov 08. I transitioned until June 09 and did the big chop. Now, it's been a little over 2 years since my last relaxer. I'm at shoulder length, and I pray that I get more growth because it really seems like I'm stuck at this length. I hope it's not my terminal length. Darn it I just want arm pit length, even if I can just get two strands to graze it, I'll be happy lol I have attached a few pics that I took this morning of a puff. I'm a 4b but since I've been taking MSM powder it's slightly changed my texture. The last pic is a lacefront that I'm currently wearing this month. I've been wearing wigs as a protective style for almost a year now. Looking forward to learning more from you ladies. Be blessed!

Attachments

• 100_1823.jpg
    100_1823.jpg
    492.7 KB · Views: 207
  • 100_1815.jpg
    100_1815.jpg
    498.7 KB · Views: 202
  • Photo5075[1].jpg
    Photo5075[1].jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 201
  • 100_1656.jpg
    100_1656.jpg
    465.9 KB · Views: 230
Your hair and texture is gorgeous. Don't stay in lurk mode. I know you have a lot to contribute to this forum.

Thanks for the pictures, too. We love to look at them!

I love the pics! Welcome to LHCF! I love your puff. Is that a ponytail puff or a rubber band. I don't feel I can make mine look as smooth yet. Maybe another 1"/2". :D

Thank you ladies! I'm was so nervous doing this lol Doing this post broke the ice though, and I'm more comfortable. I'll try to be more of an active user now :-)

I love the pics! Welcome to LHCF! I love your puff. Is that a ponytail puff or a rubber band. I don't feel I can make mine look as smooth yet. Maybe another 1"/2". :D

I'm not sure what either is. What I did was use one my daughters old stockings. I cut a piece almost the size of a headband and I slide it on my head until it forms a puff and then tie the back of the stocking, but the setback with that is I tend to tie pieces of my hair into the knot which breaks my hair, so I need to find another technique and to get my hair smooth I use eco styler gel and Redken Fresh curls Curl refiner. I hope that makes sense or help.

Hiya, and welcome to the site :D. Your hair looks great :yep:

I know how you feel. I really want APL, and I too have been struggling to get past SL. Hopefully we can both get there one day? Don't lose hope :grin:

Welcome!! Five years of lurking - wow! I have been having issues getting past shoulder length as well - let's work on this together!

Welcome!! Five years of lurking - wow! I have been having issues getting past shoulder length as well - let's work on this together!

yea that's a long time, actually, the plan was to start posting when I reached apl so that I could make a more impressive entry, but I was like chile I might as well give that up because it might be another 5 years before I even get an inch past shoulder length and this site might not even be here anymore lol We will get there though. Let's claim it for 2011.

Thank you all ladies for welcoming me and the compliments. I really enjoy this forum and it's been tremendously helpful to not just learn to take better care of my own hair, but my daughters hair as well who are ages 7 and 5. They enjoy looking at the beautiful pictures of hair and selecting styles from the children's forum. They're in this with me :-)

Back