Coming 2 NY, Where To Get Tropical Avocado?

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
Hey New Yorkers,

I'll be in New York in 2 weeks. I'm so excited--never been there! I know that I'll be in NY city but that's as much as I can tell ya...staying at the Marriott I think. Okay, so I want to know where I can get my hands on some Tropical Avocado!

Thanks a million!

Heyyy Supergirl,
This bss has EVERYTHING... its in Brooklyn. U take the2,3,4,5 either of these trains to Nevins st. Come out train station and walk down Fulton St. As soon as u come out the train station and turn down fulton u will see the bss.. its big and its called Just for Me. Have fun, i go there like every other Friday. The have a huge selection of Dominican products, they are in the first isle of the store.

Britt, stop it. She would go crazy in Just For Me! LOL You can also take the Q (both circle Q and diamond) N, R or M train to DeKalb and walk towards Fulton Street. You can't miss it's pink sign on the front.

APOLLO BEAUTY SUPPLIES on 125th Street. 2 or 3 train to 125 and L
wink.gif
enox. Its between Lenox and 7th Avenues. Across the street from H&M.

This is so neat--you guys telling me what trains to take and all that "subway" talk when I don't have a clue about the train system! But I'm sure that I will catch on fast.

I'll have to buy a token, right? Is there a multiple-day pass I can get? How much does it cost? Please excuse my ignorance--I'm from Texas
smile.gif

Supergirl,
There are no more 'tokens' just Metrocards. Yes there is a day pass but I dont recall the price. One-way fare is two dollars now. The bss on 125th street is probably your best bet because if you are staying at the Marriot in Manhattan, the bss on 125th street is in Harlem, Manhattan (same borough). This way, you get to sight-see and shop at the same time!!!

The 1 day unlimited (meaning you can ride as much as you want) is $7. There's a 7 day unlimited MetroCard for $21. Since you're a tourist do not get the non-unlimited one (anything that doesn't fall into the unlimited card category). Your best bet is the 7 day.

Back