Come see my twists :( But...

Fine 4s

Tracking my heat damage progress...

Front of my damage twists. I want to cut off all the stringy ends. I can't believe the plumpness lost because of the lil' I did in 2011. I don't have the courage to cut them off though...my last pic will tell you why.

Mind you, I have tons of single strand knots. If the person I've been tracking for weeks doesn't respond to my texts for an apt. to trim, I'm taking the scissors myself!

This is my current protective style probably for the week. I love it!

Attachments

• Damage front twists.JPG
    Damage front twists.JPG
    72.1 KB · Views: 215
  • front view.JPG
    front view.JPG
    228.9 KB · Views: 192
  • Side view.JPG
    Side view.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 172
  • Back view of twisted pin up.JPG
    Back view of twisted pin up.JPG
    89.8 KB · Views: 167
  • better back view.JPG
    better back view.JPG
    193 KB · Views: 175
But my twist outs I can still manage to look decent...this was in Jan.

Attachments

• bday twist out.jpg
    bday twist out.jpg
    8.7 KB · Views: 176
Not a surprise you're the first to thank SherylsTresses
You and virtuenow are my biggest cheerleaders and I thank you for the support, really I do...

In any case ladies, I can't reach WL if I cut all this hair off but at least I know it's still growing. Too bad I learned my hair limit 5 years into my journey :(

don't cut them. I have a few in the front that look anorexic towards the ends, but that is from relaxer -- when I use to wear my tracks and left the front out. I REFUSE to cut them. I'm actually surprised they haven't fallen off, but they're still healthy.

so for you, I'd say don't cut'em. Let'em "hang" around for a bit...

I love your hair; it reminds me of what my hair could be if I keep working hard! We have to get to the root of why these single strand knots keep popping up. I have kinky 4b hair and never have a problem w/ssk's. So I'll offer whatever tips I can. I have some scraggly end twists that I've gradually cut since August. Just take your time.

I totally understand you not wanting to cut the ends now Fine 4s. BTW, love your updo. Ironically, I'm wearing my hair in a similar way today. :grin:

Awww you're beautiful and I love your hair. If you wear your hair up a majority of the time and the hair isn't breaking/damaged then I'd let it be.

I have to admit though... I don't have heat damage and my looser textured hair looks like that. I was forever hacking away at it when I realized that that's just how it looks once it hits a certain length. If only you knew how much I've cut over the three years I've been natural. *sigh* I had no idea that it would look like that. Not all of it, just the 3c/4a-ish hair at the nape and around the perimeter of my head near my ears and sideburns. :nono: The more coarse textures look normal.

Oh well. I'm going to work what I've got anyway. :lol:

Back