Come check out my new fotki !!!

so so chic said:
Thanks divinefavor :) . I see you're in the ATL also :D .

You're welcome hon!!! Yes, girl I am in the ATL!!! :D So you know what I'm about to ask, right!!! :lol: What Dominican Salon do you frequent?

divinefavor said:
You're welcome hon!!! Yes, girl I am in the ATL!!! :D So you know what I'm about to ask, right!!! :lol: What Dominican Salon do you frequent?

Well, I'd been going to Lilys on Jimmy Carter for years, but after going a few times to a stylist other than my regular (Vanessa), I was pissed and said never again and began doing the airdrying and bun for a month. The next thing you know, when I thought about going back, Vanessa had left :( . So After cw'ing like crazy and airdrying for a month and half *** detangling, my hair was a nappy mess so I went back to Lilys again just to get it straight and they pulled out so much hair not detangling properly, and when she was done, my hair was straight, but very uneven. I think it was what she did, but maybe it wasn't. Anyways, that's when I decided to go to a black girl that someone recommended me to, and she did my hair and evened it up. Finally, a couple weeks ago, I was in desperate need to have my hair "done" and went to a dominican salon in Marietta on Franklin Rd. I'd never gone there before and had never heard of it, I just went and the pics in my fotki are what they did. I love how it turned out, but the lady who washed me along with everyone else it seems, just does not detangle my hair how I like it to be done ( with care :) ). So.......to answer your question, I have not had my hair done since then, but I plan on sticking with the last place that I went to I forgot the name since I just walked in the first salon that said dominican on it :lachen: , but I will pm you with it when I go on Friday. But don't get me wrong, Lilys is good, it's where I went for years, and who I'd have to give the credit to for my hair, but I just liked Vanessa best.

Sorry for the long post, I just got carried away :lol: .

Thanks!!!

I've heard a lot about Lily's but I've heard they're always crowded. I went to a Dominican Salon back in October 05 (Different Hair Salon). They were pretty good, I got a touch up done there. It was a little underprocessed, I haven't been back since. I live in Gwinnett County and I've seen a couple of new "Dominican Salons".

Thank you all very much ;) . My ends are good now, but I really need to work on my edges next...that's one of the things I hate about my hair.

Your edges? Forgive my naiveté but I didn't know that naturals have that kind of problem. I thought it was a relaxer problem. Anyway, from what I can see, your edges look fine; what problems are you having?

so so chic said:
Thank you all very much ;) . My ends are good now, but I really need to work on my edges next...that's one of the things I hate about my hair.

Your hair is absolutely beautiful!!!!!! It's so black and shiny and thick!!!!Whatever you are doing keep on doing cause your hair is really inspiring!!!!!

ivanay said:
Your edges? Forgive my naiveté but I didn't know that naturals have that kind of problem. I thought it was a relaxer problem. Anyway, from what I can see, your edges look fine; what problems are you having?

Thanks so much everyone :D .
Well, the problem with my edges has a lot to do with me...I have a really horrible habit of playing with my hair around the edges and like twisting it around my fingers and sometimes I even pull it out :eek: . I know that my sound crazy, but I've had that problem since a child. My mom would always say, "afterwhile you aren't going to have any hair". So, I really think if I would leave it alone it could be ok, but until it grows in more I think I need to use some sort of gel to help lay the shorter pieces down. To me, I look like a nappy headed child around the edges of my hair, especially when I call myself airdying and doing a bun :lol: . As bad as they look, I'll take some pics and put them in my fotki so you all can see, and maybe give me some advice :) .

Very nice! Are you still natural? Cause if that's how a Dominican blowout looks on natural 4A/B hair, I'm making an appointment ASAP.

Robin41 said:
Very nice! Are you still natural? Cause if that's how a Dominican blowout looks on natural 4A/B hair, I'm making an appointment ASAP.

I want to know also.....beautiful, healthy hair! Keep up the good work ;)

Robin41 said:

First of all, thanks a lot, to you and to everyone who has responded and complimented my hair :p . I really did not expect this type of response...it really makes me want to work even harder on my hair :grin: .

Ok, for your question, yes I'm still natural. This is one reason that I don't mind being natural, because I can still have straight hair with just getting it blowdried. I know some may say that the heat from the blowdryers/dominicans are too much for the hair, but it's a looooong ways from where I came from (flat ironing everyday).

Back