Colorshines Question...

ms_kenesha

I used the Colorshines in Coffee Bean and I love how rich and dark my hair looks, but I accidently must have missed some of my hair in the back, the ends are still light brown.

Can I use the Colorshines again tonight to do that part of my hair, even though I just used it on Tuesday night?

Sure....using it again won't cause a problem. Try to avoid the parts that are really well covered if you can (build up) but it won't matter if you need to apply it all over again.....

I'm worried about you using the coffee bean tho. The undertone is VERY green and you even have some lighter ends which will pick up and show that undertone more readily then the rest of your hair. Coffee Bean has even turned my BROWN hair green...it just inexplcably turned my once before medium to light brown hair, PEA green - and there werent' even any colors in it at the time to mix badly with it. That's just what it does sometimes. Watch for that, and add some red next time if you need to. ;)

Oh wow, Tracy, I didn't know that about the green. So far no green, but I'll buy a colorshines with a red tone next time to mix with it. :)

Thanks for the thumbs up on using it again, that's what I was afraid of too much color buildup. :)

Oh NO! Now I feel bad for recommending that color to you Ms_K. I didn't realize the under tones were green.
50.gif
I didn't have a problem with it. I did switch to another color (amber something) though, but that was only because I didn't wnat the coffee bean anymore.

I Sow-wy
61.gif

It's okay Kaddy, I haven't suffered any side effects and I really like my hair this dark. I've never had hair this dark and it makes my complexion pop IMO, my FI said I look lighter with the dark hair, but I don't feel it makes me Morticia-ish which is what we were both afraid of.

KAddy said:
Oh NO! Now I feel bad for recommending that color to you Ms_K. I didn't realize the under tones were green.
50.gif
I didn't have a problem with it. I did switch to another color (amber something) though, but that was only because I didn't wnat the coffee bean anymore.

I Sow-wy
61.gif

KAddy said:
50.gif

I Sow-wy
61.gif

Don't worry Kaddy - it doesn't always happen. But when it does it often affects previously lightened hair. And sometimes not previously lightened hair too - but it wasn't a bad recommendation. I was just warning MsK of the possibility. :)

You probably got Liquid Amber which is also dark, but has a violet base, which could have counteracted any green in the Coffee Bean. MsK - you could rotate these two, if you wanted... ;)

Tracy know 'dem colors :notworthy:

Tracy said:
Don't worry Kaddy - it doesn't always happen. But when it does it often affects previously lightened hair. And sometimes not previously lightened hair too - but it wasn't a bad recommendation. I was just warning MsK of the possibility. :)

You probably got Liquid Amber which is also dark, but has a violet base, which could have counteracted any green in the Coffee Bean. MsK - you could rotate these two, if you wanted... ;)

Chelsea's Beauty Supply at PG Plaza or "The Mall at Prince George's" :lol:
Chelsea's Beauty Supply
3500 E West Hwy Hyattsville, MD
(301) 559-3577

AudraChanell said:
MsK

Where did u buy ur colorshines

ms_kenesha said:
Tracy know 'dem colors :notworthy:

She sho' do! :notworthy

Ms_K You want my Liquid Amber? I am thinking of going lighter (hopefully) and I was going to bring it to the next DC meeting, but I can put it aside for you. I only used it twice.

YES! :up: Thanks so much!

KAddy said:
She sho' do! :notworthy

Ms_K You want my Liquid Amber? I am thinking of going lighter (hopefully) and I was going to bring it to the next DC meeting, but I can put it aside for you. I only used it twice.

Back