Colorist in DC metro area?

beverly

Admin (November 2020 Photo)
Staff member
Does anyone know of a good colorist in the DC metro area, someone that is known for doing good color jobs and not overprocessing relaxed hair? Also if they are not that expensive that would be a plus, thanks!

I've never been to her, but I've always seen her in hair mags and stuff. Shirley Gordon. I think she works at Strands Hair Salon in Wheaton, but don't quote me on that.

Beverly,

The July 2004 issue of Essence (w/ Mo'Nique) lists 50 hair colorists and salons to dye for: There are three in the metro area.

1. Abada Hair Studio, Amani Mujiheed, Temple Hills, MD; (301)423-0770

14. Hairs to You, Safi Taylor, Baltimore; (410)521-2526

43. Strands Hair Studio (which Karonica mentioned above), Shirley Gordon or Kim Whitehurst, Wheaton, MD; (301) 942-1780

Thanks again you guys
smile.gif
My color isn't exactly the way I want it, I got it colored in November of last year.. I need someone who will correct (lighten at tad bit) not over process it. I am scared my hair is going to fall out if I do too much, but I will check into these places. I ran into someone that went to the Strands place in Wheaton, and her hair was beautiful. I called a whiel back, and they told me that it would be $150 for highlights, I said to myself - Goodness!

Yes, the girl who did my highlights is awesome
smile.gif
She was able to match my highlights to previously colored perfectly. She is somewhat of a guru because she is always coloring her bra-strap length hair all types of colors.
Here name is Ramona and she is works at the Salon Plaza in Largo Town Center. I will pm you her number when I get home. I am going to her next month to get my highlights refreshed. Oh, Yeah last year she charged me $75 dollars for highlights
smile.gif

Back