Coloring my hair

katote

I put a permanent black color in my hair. Three weeks later my hair is no longer black. It is now a brown color!!!! I am so mad. Is it too soon to add another black dye to my hair?

what brand did you use? i used revlon colorsilk in blue-black and it took about 6 weeks to fade before i redyed it. i had minor breakage issues, but everything seems fine overall.

i would wait a couple of weeks to make sure your hair is strong enough to take another round of coloring. is it a really light shade of brown or the color looks "off"?

What type of hair products are you using?
Is your hair porous?
What brand of hair color did you use?

Wow a permanent hair color fading in such short time...I would be upset too. Usually permanent colors grow out from the roots and you have to cut the ends (colored hair) to remove it...this sounds like properties of a rinse.

I used L'Oreal Feria. I would agree that my hair is porous. The only products I use in my hair is Tresemme naturals for co wash, leave some of the conditioner in my hair and apply eco styler gel. The color of my hair is more brassy looking than anything.

I used L'Oreal Feria. I would agree that my hair is porous. The only products I use in my hair is Tresemme naturals for co wash, leave some of the conditioner in my hair and apply eco styler gel. The color of my hair is more brassy looking than anything.

With porous hair, the color leaves the shaft of hair quickly. Additionally, if your products are semi-harsh (for ex SLS products not for colored hair) this will speed up how quickly your hair loses the color.

I would try Roux Porosity Control to help the porous sections of your hair - esp before and after using the coloring. Then follow up with once a week use with your normal 'poo and DCs.

If you find that your ends are the most porous, try to focus your styling products towards these areas.

HHJ

Back