Coloring...Highlights - Should I Be Scared??

wyldcurlz

I'm considering getting highlights - tomorrow. My hair is natural and I tend to flat iron it once or twice a month. I'm very nervous about coloring because when I was relaxed my hair didn't handle chemicals well. Then again, maybe I didn't "know" how to care for my hair.

But, what do I need to look out for? Is there any certain process I should get or should avoid? I know nothing about color...semi-permanent, glazing, glosses, celophanes, vegetable dyes....

What should I get? Look out for? HELP PLEASE!!

I can only tell you about my experience. I had my natural hair colored about a year or so before I got my first relaxer. My natural hair became very frizzy and dry where the color was applied (this might have been because I think she actually bleached my hair).

Anyway,when I got my relaxer my hair broke off where the color was.

And also when you add direct heat to this it can become worse. You will have to keep up with deep conditioning treatments and such, however no matter how much I deep conditioned my hair still broke off.

I would suggest staying away from hair color (this is just my opinion). I have yet to find a safe coloring method for my hair.

TB

If you want color then your new best friend is gonna be protein treatments. I love color but it takes work. You are going to have to deep condition like a mad woman. Do a search for Tracys Color bootcamp

If you want color then your new best friend is gonna be protein treatments. I love color but it takes work. You are going to have to deep condition like a mad woman. Do a search for Tracys Color bootcamp

Gymfreak
thanks for posting! i'm in the gym every morning, so i don't know why i'm even doing this. but honestly, i'm sick of the jet black dark hair. its flat and its not flattering ME. i just want a few highlights. but i'm scared of what the other poster wrote: frizz and dryness. i'll search for Tracys color bootcamp right now.

deep condition how often?

Gymfreak
thanks for posting! i'm in the gym every morning, so i don't know why i'm even doing this. but honestly, i'm sick of the jet black dark hair. its flat and its not flattering ME. i just want a few highlights. but i'm scared of what the other poster wrote: frizz and dryness. i'll search for Tracys color bootcamp right now.

deep condition how often?

Deep condition twice a week. Mild Protein once a week with moisture after and one full moisture session every week.

Back