Coloring Help!

sweettrini

Hi ladies,

So I need advice: I colored my hair using a box kit (which I have used in the past) Clairol Nice 'n Easy color 4/120 (Dark Brown). I followed the directions for mixing, applied it more to the front of my head to cover my grays and covered with a plastic cap. I usually leave it on for 30 minutes. But today just at the 25 minute mark, my son started throwing up so I tended to him, cleaned him up and got him settled, then went to quickly rinse the color out of my hair. What I found is the 1/4 inch or so nearest my scalp is light brown! Not dark brown like the rest of my hair. What caused this? And can I fix it? If it helps - I am a 4a natural. Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

I am 4A as well... Hence the name, sounds like you did not get the dye all the way to your scalp but the top of your hair was well saturated... Next time, make sure the dye starts at the new growth and work your way out.

Looooool!!! I didn't even think about other "meanings" for coloring - haha!!!! That gave me a good laugh, despite my crazy hair!
Yeah I did start at the new growth - that color was saturated at the front of my head which is where I wanted it concentrated to cover the grays. It was all supposed to be the darkest brown.

Looooool!!! I didn't even think about other "meanings" for coloring - haha!!!! That gave me a good laugh, despite my crazy hair!
Yeah I did start at the new growth - that color was saturated at the front of my head which is where I wanted it concentrated to cover the grays. It was all supposed to be the darkest brown.

The hair nearest the scalp will process the most (in this case absorb more color) because of the warmth of it being nearest the scalp. If this same area is mostly gray, then the finished color will appear lighter (IMHO).
The only safe fix I could offer would be for you use a semi-permanent/rinse and apply it only over the root area to try to bring the color to the same level as the rest of your hair. The best advice would be for you to get professional help to fix this color difference.

YEP it's official the LHCF has gotten into my head :rolleyes:

I had to look to see which Forum (Hair care) this was in, because Hair Care was NOT what I was expecting this request for "Coloring" assistance:eyebrows2: to be about.
"Lord I Apologize:angel:"

Seriously. I was going to ask her if she was coloring inside the lines or just all over the place. Cause if it's the latter you don't really have to worry about what your hair is going to look like :lol:

Back