Coloring a Hair Weave

LivinMyLifeLikeItsGolden

Have any of you put highlights in your weaves?

Ultimately this is the look that I would like to go for:

TitiHeadshot2.jpg

But I plan on doing it gradually. Is it better to color the weave hair and my hair seperately or after the install?

I plan on getting it professionally done. I am going to start with a brown and work my way up to some blonde streaks.

This is the weave hair I am getting :
http://www.halleyscurls.com/store/page43.html

I am going to be going to Charlene and Culture Salon in Houston for the install, but I am wondering if I should color it before I go.

Any tips or suggestions are welcome :grin:

I think in order to get this precise look get it done professionally...pref. with someone who works with naturally kinky curly hair. I can't wait to see your pics after you install!!! :) ----or if you don't want to do that you can practice with some human hair you will not be needing and see how that goes. I would do the latter. Good Luck hun.

Thank you for your reply. I am definitely going to get it done professionally. I have found a girl with 4a/4b hair. She's mixed but has some awesome highlights in her hair. I am going to see if I can set up an appointment with her to color my hair and my extensions. I am excited!!

um... this is nice.. i think i may copy for my next install... i've been dying for some color

I actually had read through your other thread regarding color. I figure go with a professional, and keep my hair in great shape and hopefully me and color will work out. I had some color in my hair when it was relaxed back in the day, and my hair had never been happier (I had the best hair dresser). Let me know if you get yours done Nichi!!

Colour the weave hair after you've done yours to get a perfect colour match, using the same colour you used on your head may not get the same shade.

So its best to do yours first and try to match the weave to your hair instead of vice versa, if you don't get the colour you need first time on the weave you can use a drug store semi (loreal castings are good) to get closer to your real hair's shade.

^^^ Thank you hothair. Thats information I totally needed to know. My install isn't till May 4th, so that gives me time to color my hair and tryout coloring my weave hair. I am excited to have highlights for summer!!

Back