Color Rinses won't last...

MizaniMami

Hey Girls,

I have been getting a jet black rinse (no per. no amm.) for about 6 years now. But for the last 6 mos, my rinses will not last me for nothing. First I thought it was because I was buying cheap rinses. I would apply the rinse, it would look nice, but when I shampooed it out (as stated on the directions) it would seem like the whole rinse would be coming out! My natural hair color is really brown and I don't like it at all. I just rinsed this past weekend and that ugly light brown is rearing it's head.:bud: Is there something that I can do to ensure that my rinses last longer. Permanent color is NOT an option.

Maybe you should try leaving it on a little longer than you usually do. Also try using a clarifying shampoo for your 1st poo. You may have build up that you aren't awhere of that is keeping the dye from penetrating.

Rinses don't last long on me either girl. But that is because I wash my hair 2-3 times per week.:lol: I would say, make sure you are using a color safe shampoo and conditioner and washing your hair in warm, not hot water. Hot water tends to make colors fade.

Also be sure to avoid too much sun exposure- the sun can fade your color as well.

- Apply the rinse to dry hair that has been shampooed but not conditioned
- Leave rinse on for a few hours/overnight
- Wash hair with cool water.

Rinses don't last on my hair either. When I used to get the Jazzin/cellophane colors it would wash right down the bowl. My hairdresser kept trying, she would even do it over again at no charge and it still wouldn't take. She had one of the sales reps come during one of my appointments and they were trying to figure it out while my head was in the bowl. :) The only thing they could figure is that my hair was not very porous. The only way she think was to bleach my hair in sections and then color it.

I color my hair jet black also and I use a demi color.

Hey! I had this problem before, the BEST way to use a rinse is just after a relaxer because your hair cuticles are already open and the tint can deposit deeper into the hair shaft. This is the way that i get my hair to look SUPER CINNAMON. and it lasts for a while. If you aren't up for a touchup anytime soon, then you need to clarify your hair first. Also be sure to condition after applying the rinse and not before....

HTH

Adrian said:
Maybe you should try leaving it on a little longer than you usually do. Also try using a clarifying shampoo for your 1st poo. You may have build up that you aren't awhere of that is keeping the dye from penetrating.

Thanks ladies, but I do this already. I have been rinsing for about 6 years and have tried everything. I guess it's just hopeless or I have to get rinses more often...

I was using Bigen in oriental black, but for some reason it began to dry my hair out. I could not get the moisture back in until several washes later. So, I decided to go to a professional for a rinse, well she used Clairol Complements (CC) and it worked like a charm. I have VERY resistant gray hair and it covered all of my grays. But, now I can't find the semi-permanent version of CC in Sally's or in any BSS. They have the demi-permanent version , but I'm scared to use it because it requires the use of a color prompter which has peroxide in it. Has anyone used it before? If all else fails, I'll have to go back to my old trusty Bigen...

I use the Clairol Complements demi color. I use 1a. I also have a lot of resistent grey hairs. I have no problems so far. I make sure I keep my hair moisturized.

Ok my hair is the opposite. My rinses didnt show up until weeks later when I got a relaxer then the color was noticeable and very pretty. I want to do a black rinse though. What kind do you use?

MizaniMami said:
Hey Girls,

I have been getting a jet black rinse (no per. no amm.) for about 6 years now. But for the last 6 mos, my rinses will not last me for nothing. First I thought it was because I was buying cheap rinses. I would apply the rinse, it would look nice, but when I shampooed it out (as stated on the directions) it would seem like the whole rinse would be coming out! My natural hair color is really brown and I don't like it at all. I just rinsed this past weekend and that ugly light brown is rearing it's head.:bud: Is there something that I can do to ensure that my rinses last longer. Permanent color is NOT an option.

Using amla oil ona regular basis wil ldarken your hair and retian hair colour - fact! it has for mine, i aint had to use a rinse for ages. my hair used to be ginger (my grandma is white irish) so i used a rinse - that faded - used amla twice per week and BAM my hairs dark. the green amla cancels out red tones in the hair - at the abck of the bottle it says if you are light haired - dont use too much as your hair wil darken. try it :)

MizaniMami said:
Hey Girls,

jazzing, w/ a cap and blowdryer. You will keep the color for atleast 4-6 weeks before it starts to fade

ajargon02 said:
jazzing, w/ a cap and blowdryer. You will keep the color for atleast 4-6 weeks before it starts to fade
Thanks all who replied!

Ajargon,I just bought some Jazzings. My sister had her stylist put a jazzing rinse in about 5 weeks ago and the color looks brand new! I can't wait to try it.

Mizani_Mrs said:
Hey! I had this problem before, the BEST way to use a rinse is just after a relaxer because your hair cuticles are already open and the tint can deposit deeper into the hair shaft. This is the way that i get my hair to look SUPER CINNAMON. and it lasts for a while. If you aren't up for a touchup anytime soon, then you need to clarify your hair first. Also be sure to condition after applying the rinse and not before....

HTH
When I use to rinse my hair, I also applied it right after my relaxer. Come to think of it, my hair was very healthy then. Maybe the rinse provided extra conditioning to my newly relaxed hair.

Back