Color or cut!!! HELP!!!

freedom

Ok ladies I got about 2 1/2 in. of new growth underneath my colored natural hair. When I got the color in my stytlist said that she had cut all of the perm out through the several trims that she had done but my sister who has locks said that it looked like I still had a little on the ends. So its been awhile since the color, over 5 months and I only have that much growth. I'm thinking that its that paul mithchel color that causing all of my split ends because I keep my hair moisturized by daily(somewhat):ohwell: co-washes and shea butter on the ends. Here is the problem, I love my color!!! I know that I should get over it but I'm just wondering if I cut off those splits do some dc'ng for a couple of weeks could I then get a color like aveda that is not so harsh? Or should I just suck it up,BC, and get some braids the light brown color that I want? Help a sister out Please!!

Well, you have admitted that the color is causing splits...I say cut the rest of the relaxer off and lay off the color altogether (or use a non-lift color).

Maybe then the braids? That way you don't have to color at all, and you are relaxer free. Just MHO.

Good luck!

aileenadq said:
Well, you have admitted that the color is causing splits...I say cut the rest of the relaxer off and lay off the color altogether (or use a non-lift color).

Maybe then the braids? That way you don't have to color at all, and you are relaxer free. Just MHO.

Good luck!

Thanks. What is a non-lift color?
bumping for more responses!!

Last edited:
Back