COLOR FOR GREY HAIR!!!!!!!

mahogani

My mother has grey hair in the front of her hairline and a little in the back everytime she colors her hair and washes her hair it turns a green color!! she used clairol hair color,jazzing nothing semms to take. please help if you have any suggestions at this point i just told her to wash out the color and sport the grey in the meantime.
laugh.gif

This is from my book called: "Heinerman's Encyclopedia of Healing Herbs & Spices":

[ QUOTE ]
You can make your own home-version of Grecian formula for taking away gray hair that’s a lot safer to use because it’s free of chemicals and only contains natural ingredients.

In a heavy ceramic mixing bowl, put 2 heaping tbsps of dried sage and the same amount again of either orange pekoe or black tea. Then fill the bowl or jar half full of boiling water. Cover with a small dinner plate or aluminum foil and place in a moderately warm (275 F) oven or in a large pan of boiling water on top of the stove on a low setting for at least a couple of hours. Then remove, allow to cool, stir well and strain.

Now a small quantity of this infusion is to be rubbed into the roots of the hair 4-5 times a week. Pretty soon the grayness will start fading away as the hair becomes darker in color once more. Thereafter, this infusion ought to be used just once or twice weekly for maintenance purposes only. Many of those who’ve tried this for themselves have experienced moderate hair growth in bald places or at the very least, an overall improvement in the tone and texture of their hair. This infusion will keep longer if 3 tbsps or either gin or rum are added to it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Your Mom's hair is rinsing down to a green color because her haircolor (most likely a dark brown or black - right?) has a green or "ash" base.

She can counteract the green by adding a little red to her color formulation next time she applies her color. It'll still fade, but the grey will go an auburn color. Have her use about 3 parts brown to 1 part red - a 3:1 ratio.

She could also use a demi-perm if she wants - same deal - look for something that doesn't have a green in thebase. It's usually listed on the bottle or has a "G" somewhere on the label next to the name of the shade. If she can't find a color she likes without the funky base, have her do the mixing trick.

What brand is she using?

Back