Color experts need advice................

lilred26

Okay I have light blonde streaks in my hair and I am interested in darkening my hair to maybe a mohaghany brown or something brown with a slight reddish tint to it. I went on to clairol.com and there is a 1800 number you can call and talk to a color expert, so I called. Now I told this lady I wanted a semipermanant color and she told me I couldn't darken my hair with a semi permanant color she told me I would have to get nice-n-easy natural reddish brown and natural medium brown PERMANANT color in order to tone my hair color down. This doesn't sound to good because this would be to damaging to my hair IMO. Please help /images/graemlins/confused.gif Does this processing sound logical to do? or should I just wait forever for this color to grow out.
My hair was last streaked 7/2004 and my last relaxer was 10/2004. Any advice is appreciated. /images/graemlins/wallbash.gif

Hopefull Tracy the Color-spert will chime in but it seems to me that you could achieve desired results by using a rinse, which is deposit only, less damaging, and will wash out eventually if the color isn't quite right. That's what I did w/ my highlights and I was very pleased with the results. I used Clairol's Beautiful Collection. HTH.

if u use the semi-perm, it will show up on the highlighted pieces. on the rest, where i assume your hair is black, its not going to show up. maybe, if anything in the sun it will, but color cant lift color when dealing with semi-perm.

This is true honi. I didn't realize that she wanted all of her hair a different color....just the highlights I thought.....

Back