Color Experts! I need your advice.

sweettrini

So here's my situation:

Last week I used a Garnier permanent dark brown color to cover my old highlights because my I have been mistreating my hair and it shows. It is dry and rough. The things a new baby will do to you :eek: Anyway, I have put myself on a new hair care regimen to bring it back to life. I am going to get a haircut today :( to take off about 2-3 inches of split ends. I know, I know, what was I doing all this time?

My question is I want to bring some shine back to my hair so i want to do a clear gloss like a Cellophane or Adore or even Jazzing.

Is it safe to do this 1 week after a permanent color? If so, which one would you recommend?

TIA ladies!!

sweettrini said:
So here's my situation:

Last week I used a Garnier permanent dark brown color to cover my old highlights because my I have been mistreating my hair and it shows. It is dry and rough. The things a new baby will do to you :eek: Anyway, I have put myself on a new hair care regimen to bring it back to life. I am going to get a haircut today :( to take off about 2-3 inches of split ends. I know, I know, what was I doing all this time?

My question is I want to bring some shine back to my hair so i want to do a clear gloss like a Cellophane or Adore or even Jazzing.

Is it safe to do this 1 week after a permanent color? If so, which one would you recommend?

TIA ladies!!

Not to hijack your thread but, how did the permanent color make your hair feel? Is it still hard and dry?

Sorry I can't answer your original question. I've never used a clear rinse or had permanent color.

Actually my hair felt very soft after the color. The conditioner GF gave with the box color was great. And I deep conditoned with my avocado conditoner for 2 hours after the color. So my roots up to the split ends are in fair to good condition. I think it's the ends that are driving me insane - rough and dry. :mad:

Back