Color Advice

EmeraldSky

I had asked about temporarily darkening my hair, however I finally decided that it was best to just let them go permanently because it is too much stress keeping them. So I went to my stylist to have them darkened to a warm brown shade (chestnut or cinnamony), however I don't think she understands the word "darker" very well so my highlights are now a honey shade with reddish tones in some areas and the roots were touched up too. Thank goodness I have really thick hair. I would really like to darken them to a warm medium brown. I tested out a semi permament color by Garnier on a few strands and it came out an orange red so I would really appreciate any opinions on what semi permament color I can purchase to acheive the desired color beceause otherwise I'm afraid I may go thru every brand in the drug store. L'oreal colorspa line seems to have some nice colors also. I will try and edit my post to include a picture of the color I'm going for but in the meantime any helps is greatly appreciated!!
smile.gif

Thanks you guys.

<font color="purple">I've used L'Oreal Color Spa in the past, and loved how it made my natural dark brown hair even darker. I used Espresso, which is perfect for dark brown to off black hair. Then I switched to Natural Instincts because it energized and enhanced my hair better than L'Oreal. I wore Nutmeg shade. I would suggest you search on this board to find a thread on demi-permanent and semi-permanent hair color. One of the ladies said that she wanted to use a semi-permanent color to enhance her natural hair color without red highlights. You'll find that on the thread along with suggestions and explanations of the two types of color as well. Hope to help you out. And good luck on trying out a new color on your first attempt. </font>

Babycurls, thanks for the 411.
I did a little research and found that darkening highlighted hair can have bad results like green hair if done without using a protein filler first. Supposedly it's for before applying the darker dye, it's supposed to be for porous colored hair to make sure the color goes on evenly and doesn't turn a funny shade.

Back