cold or hot

Shree

Hey everyone which is better to wash your hair in cold or hot water......and is it best in sink or shower

cold will not get rid of oily gunk in the hair and hot will burn your skin, lol. use warm enough to remove the oily gunk but not too hot to burn your scalp or cause discomfort. shower is good to reduce tangles

I wash my hair in the shower to prevent tangling, washing it in the sink is just asking for trouble for me. I use lukewarm water to wash my hair. Sometimes I'll turn the hot water off for the last 2 or 3 minutes and just rinse my hair with the hand held attachment, so I don't have ice cold water running down my back.

I wash in the shower with warm/hot water and do my final rinse with cold water--I usually shower in the morning, and that final rinse will have me bright-eyed and bushy-tailed in no time!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I wash my hair in the shower (because it's easier for me) with warm water. I rinse my hair with cool water.

Neither cold nor hot. WARM is the way for me. Cool water rinses are best because the cool water seals the hair cuticles. Actually... let it be told... the colder the better. When I used to wash my hair in the sink, I could tolerate the cold rinses but since I've been washing my hair in the shower.... COLD WATER is a scarey thought!!!!! YIKES!!!

I prefer to wash my in the sink, I don't like the slickery feel of conditoner running down my back. I wash with warm water to remove the dirt and grime and then use cold as a final rinse.

I wash in the shower... it allows me to keep my hair in 1 direction & my adjustable water stream gives an awesome scalp massage
smile.gif

I prefer using lukewarm temp for washing & poo rinse (sometimes i'll increase the hot temp a bit so that my strands can swell; this allows the conditioner to penetrate better). For the final rinse, I use cool water
smile.gif

I shampoo with warm water (not too hot) and rinse and condition with cold water to seal in. Heat opens the cuticles and cold causes them to close up. I wash in the shower, less mess.

[ QUOTE ]
I wash in the shower... it allows me to keep my hair in 1 direction & my adjustable water stream gives an awesome scalp massage
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Me 2. When I wash in the sink with my head upside down it seems like my hair gets more tangle and "rougher" feeling, almost like stroking a cat the wrong way.
I was in lukewarm water in the SUMMER but in the winter it's smoking hot 'cause a girl has got to thaw sometime!

I shampoo with warm and rinse with warm...but my final rinse is as cold as I can stand it. I used to shampoo in the shower...but now that I only use distilled water on my hair, I do it in the sink. It was a pain at first, but since I have a routine down..it's much easier.

Back