Cold air brings dry hair!!!! Wearing wigs for protection!!

CatSuga

I can't take it anymore!!!!
Friday I'm getting my hair cornrowed, I'm going to drown it in StaSofFro spray, and I'm buying some more wigs. This cold air is making my hair so dry.

Plus the wig is keeping my head nice and toasty. :)

Anyone else wig'ing it up for the winter???

I am so embarrassed and not to mention cant do a wig style without it looking like a wig, so I will not even try to wig it up, if I had more experience I would, and just do the braids other styles all winter, so definately accomplish bra strap, maybe even below bra strap hair length...

well i just invested $18 in purchasing a 'weave - how to' video, so i intend to rock a weave for the winter if i can do it with minimal breakage for my APL relaxed hair.

I just bought a wig on Sunday. My hair is past bra strap and this wig is short. I've always wanted to experiment with short hair and thought it would be good to have an alternative protective style for the winter besides buns and braids. The only thing is that because it is so short, it will be a really drastic change when I wear it. I may just sport it on the weekends.

I'm doing wigs. I bought two wigs and a half wig or instant weave or fall depending on what part of the country or generation your from. I've been wearing my wig for about 3 weeks and I'm saving my half wig for after my next relaxer in 2 1/2 weeks. I'm going to wear it out that following week for my birthday and after that, it's under the wigs it goes until spring or longer. I need to learn how to cornrow my own hair though. So far, I've been wearing it in a flat pony-bun on the back of my head.

I will be braiding it up! Especially in 06, but I've been considering getting it weaved up for the longest time! I want a change from the braids!

Me!! After I wash and airdry my hair on the weekends. I braid and moisturize it and then during the week I wear a wig cap or silk scarf under my wig and go until it's my wash day again. I also moisturize my crown and nape area everyday to prevent any dryness that could lead to any severe breakage. Wearing a wig definately keeps my head warm and my hair moisturized.

I've been considering wiggin or weavin it up this winter... I tried this style called "bump coils" and it looks good, lasts for about 2 weeks but man oh man does it remind me of tightly done cornrows. The tension at my nape is crazy. I might try this style again though with less tension.....

Where's a good place to get reasonably priced wigs? (student on a budget) I've seen www.especiallyyours.com . Has anyone purchased from them?

ILuvsmuhgrass said:
I've been considering wiggin or weavin it up this winter... I tried this style called "bump coils" and it looks good, lasts for about 2 weeks but man oh man does it remind me of tightly done cornrows. The tension at my nape is crazy. I might try this style again though with less tension.....

Where's a good place to get reasonably priced wigs? (student on a budget) I've seen www.especiallyyours.com . Has anyone purchased from them?

www.123wigs.com

I'm relaxed and I have 2 wigs that I wear whenever the mood or laziness strikes! My hair is past shoulder length and my wigs are both short. I know that with the stretch challenge and winter I'll be wigging it up on a regular basis. The wind never messes up my style!!!

Back