Cocoveda Hair Oil

Kiowa

Has anyone used this product? I have had a slight setback, and trying to recover:nono: ..I have fine, thin hair and trying to get some thickness and strength back

http://www.hennasooq.com/cocoveda-hair-oil/
Ingredients: Coconut oil, ginger, brahmi, bhringraj, henna, amla, methi, nagarmotha, neem, shikakai, hibiscus

Yes I have used it. I used it mostly to boost grow which it did help. Ayurvedic herbs are good for growth and thickening your hair. I like the smell too. It's herbal but very intoxicating...in a good way! I only stopped using it to try other herbal oil products.

Also I am now using their sukesh powder as a cowash tea (just in case you were interested).
http://www.hennasooq.com/sukesh-ayurveda/
I am seeing alot of growth and hair conditioning benefits. I never notice thickening with products because my hair isn't too thin. But in the past it has thickened my dd's hair alot.

I haven't used this product but I infuse my own coconut oil with Indian herbs and it is the best hair oil imo. Since your hair is thin and fine be sure to apply it with a very light hand. You just need a little bit to see results.

Yes I have used it. I used it mostly to boost grow which it did help. Ayurvedic herbs are good for growth and thickening your hair. I like the smell too. It's herbal but very intoxicating...in a good way! I only stopped using it to try other herbal oil products.

Also I am now using their sukesh powder as a cowash tea (just in case you were interested).
http://www.hennasooq.com/sukesh-ayurveda/
I am seeing alot of growth and hair conditioning benefits. I never notice thickening with products because my hair isn't too thin. But in the past it has thickened my dd's hair alot.

Thanks..I will also look into that product

I haven't used this product but I infuse my own coconut oil with Indian herbs and it is the best hair oil imo. Since your hair is thin and fine be sure to apply it with a very light hand. You just need a little bit to see results.

I'm just starting out..so not a great DIY yet..

I'm using the Sukesh right now and oh my gosh, it's transforming my hair. I don't have so much shrinkage now which is helping with the SSKs. Love it! I'm not sure about growth yet, but we will see over time because I plan to continue using it.

Kiowa

i agree Tiye about making your own...the indian powders are cheaper and you could do the double boiler method on the stove. after infusing overnight or all day you could strain with a strainer lined with an unbleached coffee filter and place in your container....i would them add a ceramide based oil like sesame, sunflower, kukui, grapeseed,walnut,etc. you could also add castor or evoo. for every quart of oil i would do 2-4 cups dried herbs cause i would dilute this oil mixture with other oils and essential oils.it would be like a concentrate.

southerncitygirl I was thinking of making my own infused oil. I have a small crock pot, would that work? I could put the coconut oil in the pot on low setting with the herbs, let it simmer for a day, then strain right?

jojoba,red palm, and evco are great for infusing cause they can take high temps and still retain nutrients...always use cold-pressed, unrefined, virgin, or expeller pressed oils.

AtlantaJJ

these are not ayurvedic but would be beneficial:
calendula
lavender
nettle
rosehips
horsetail
rosemary
chamomile
sage

you could do tulsi aka holy basil and hibiscus

...... i like to get my herbs from mountain rose herbs the quality is superb, i get them to make custom teas for me.

AtlantaJJ

these are not ayurvedic but would be beneficial:
calendula
lavender
nettle
rosehips
horsetail
rosemary
chamomile
sage

you could do tulsi aka holy basil and hibiscus

...... i like to get my herbs from mountain rose herbs the quality is superb, i get them to make custom teas for me.
Thank you, and Oh my golly, that site they have so many great herbs! ! I just did a search on calendula and they had both an oil and a powder.:drunk:

Thank you @southerncitygirl !

I bought this little pot specifically for infusing oils, then I never used it :look:

What Ayurveda powders would your recommend I use to help growth and thickening.

I have Bhringraj and Brahmi and Amla powers

^^^These are the three that I use, I will either make a paste and let sit like a DC or when short on time, brew a cup of nettle tea (in microwave), stir a tablsepoon of these three in (I premix my herbs 100 oz of each in a big sandwich bag, shake and keep in freezer), pour over hair and massage in. Cover and shower, then rinse /cowash out. The tea method takes me about 3 extra minutes, tis all. It it the only "extra" thing I do, and boy does my hair love it :lick:!! I also order from hennasooq.

crazytrish75 said:
^^^These are the three that I use, I will either make a paste and let sit like a DC or when short on time, brew a cup of nettle tea (in microwave), stir a tablsepoon of these three in (I premix my herbs 100 oz of each in a big sandwich bag, shake and keep in freezer), pour over hair and massage in. Cover and shower, then rinse /cowash out. The tea method takes me about 3 extra minutes, tis all. It it the only "extra" thing I do, and boy does my hair love it :lick:!! I also order from hennasooq.

Mixing them together and storing in the freezer is smart!! I never thought of mixing it in nettle tea either. I bet your hair feel super soft after that treatment, my hair loves nettle tea.

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

Mixing them together and storing in the freezer is smart!! I never thought of mixing it in nettle tea either. I bet your hair feel super soft after that treatment, my hair loves nettle tea.

Sent from my iPad 3 using LHCF

I love ayurvedic treatments, but really needed to simplify it, so the premixing was a fantastic idea! :yep: I keep a tablespoon in the bag so I can just scoop as needed, its so much quicker and convenient that way! And yes, it makes my hair feel soooo good mixing with the tea. It already added silky shine to my hair and adding the powders to the tea just deepened the shine. I love it! I liked drinking the tea, thought it tasted pretty good, but I didn't like drinking tea in the evening as it made me go all night :spinning: Hence, use it as a rinse, still get the hair benefits. HTH!

Back