Coconut milk question........

Alize

<font color="blue"> Based upon another post I read (thanks!), I picked up some Goya coconut milk at my local convenience store (for $1.19, you can't go wrong). Anyway, I don't know if I got a bad can b/c when I opened it, it smelled funky &amp; not like coconut &amp; it had milk in it, but a lot of solid. I had to mix it to get it all into a milky consistency.
But P.U.!!!!!
barf.gif

LOL.
I had to shampoo after that
bath2.gif
, but it worked nicely anyway.
So, my question is:
Is it supposed to be like that?
confused.gif

I was picturing maybe coconut smelling heavy cream in my mind.
Thanks!

</font>

All of the Goya cans I've used smell this way also. At first, I too was concerned, but once I applied it, I didn't care if it was "rotten" or not.
laugh.gif
It worked great.
smile.gif

I've never had stinky milk, unless I've kept in the fridge too long. I've never used Goya, so I will make this mental note &amp; continue to pass on it. I used another brand from the DR, that I don't recall and others I've used have been of the Thai sort. Those are heavier creams, the Latin companies makes a looser, but more oily milk. Your image was closer to what I've experienced. Happy worked despite the rotten milk scent.
ohwell.gif

I usually just shake mine vigorously before opening and pour it in my conditioner. I stop smelling it after the first can...

I've never tried it, (although I plan to, it's just not in my budget right now) but I think it's used for a pretreatment that's very moisturizing and softens the new growth especially.

oh ok thanks greatness for the reply... I might just pick some at the supermaket next time I go there... If anyone else has any natural recipes or any special way to use please let me know...

The only way I can to the coconut milk is to put honey and some oil in it. Also, it works best on my roots, not the part of my hair that is still permed. It seems as if it can be hit or miss with the proportions though, I've done it twice so far with OK results.

[ QUOTE ]
MindTwister said:
If anyone else has any natural recipes or any special way to use please let me know...

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Hey, MT. I have a leave-in recipe that I've posted a few days ago that you might try. I'll post it just for you. </font>

<font color="purple">OK, MindTwister, here's the recipe for a coconut leave-in spray. TIA. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Here's what I did for my leave-in.

1/4 c coconut milk
1/4 c conditioner of your choice (I use Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner)
2 TBS EVOO, Jojoba oil or Castor oil
1/4 c Infusium 23 or Salerm 21 leave-in treatment
1 TBS Honey (Since I didn't have honey, I use natural cane sugar syrup as a substitute)
1/3 c distilled water

Mix all ingredients except water in a microwave safe bowl. Nuke for 30 seconds (microwave wattages may vary). Pour the warm mixture in an empty spray bottle. Then pour in the distilled water. Screw the sprayer nozzle onto the bottle. And shake until mixed thoroughly. If the mixture is a little thick, add a little more distilled water until it's at the right consistency. Spray it on towel dried hair after your shampoo and conditioner or conditioner wash. Your hair will smell like the tropical islands. Enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ] </font>

[ QUOTE ]
nurseN98 said:
The only way I can to the coconut milk is to put honey and some oil in it. Also, it works best on my roots, not the part of my hair that is still permed. It seems as if it can be hit or miss with the proportions though, I've done it twice so far with OK results.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for the input, I will try it on my newgrowth for my next wash

[ QUOTE ]
BabyCurls said:
<font color="purple">OK, MindTwister, here's the recipe for a coconut leave-in spray. TIA. </font>

[ QUOTE ]
<font color="red">Here's what I did for my leave-in.

1/4 c coconut milk
1/4 c conditioner of your choice (I use Suave Tropical Coconut Conditioner)
2 TBS EVOO, Jojoba oil or Castor oil
1/4 c Infusium 23 or Salerm 21 leave-in treatment
1 TBS Honey (Since I didn't have honey, I use natural cane sugar syrup as a substitute)
1/3 c distilled water

Mix all ingredients except water in a microwave safe bowl. Nuke for 30 seconds (microwave wattages may vary). Pour the warm mixture in an empty spray bottle. Then pour in the distilled water. Screw the sprayer nozzle onto the bottle. And shake until mixed thoroughly. If the mixture is a little thick, add a little more distilled water until it's at the right consistency. Spray it on towel dried hair after your shampoo and conditioner or conditioner wash. Your hair will smell like the tropical islands. Enjoy.

[/ QUOTE ] </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks BabyCurls for your recipe... I dont have a microwave unfortunately but I will try it later with wheatgerm oil, elucence MB conditioner, honey and distilled water to see how it is... Will let ya'll know how it turns out...

Back