Coconut Cream Relaxer and detangling

keepithealthy

Hello ladies,

Tonight I did the coconut cream relaxer for the 2nd time. It isn't really a relaxer imo but a very good deep conditioner. I did not experience any texture change. What has happened is that my hair feels strong yet soft and detangles very easily. I've decided to add it to my reggie and do it a minimum of once a month. These were the kind of results that I was hoping to achieve using henna. Unfortunately all henna did was make my hair dry, porous and brittle. Since I've started using it last month, I have noticed a decrease in ssk. I have also been streatching my hair out more to avoid ssk, so that may be a big part as well. But, even when I "accidently let my hair dry into an unstreatched fro (usually ssk city) I was able to detangle easily and had very few ssk's. So just want to get the word out ladies that for my hair this stuff works great. (If your hair is protein sensitive or doesn't agree with coconut oil this might be a no-go for you because I think this contains a lot of protein).

For anyone that's interested I used
3 tbs Tropical Traditions Coconut Cream Concentrate
2 tbs EVCO
8 0z Plain Yogurt
Cheapie Conditioner (I didn't really measure so I'm not sure)

Last time I kept the conditioner out and added EVOO and honey. But I like it better with conditioner.
I clarified my hair with suave daily clarifying shampoo and then applied the mix. I left it on my head for a few hours and rinsed out.

Hope this helps someone.

Last edited:
I tried this and my hair laughed at it. I had better success with the store brought Goya coconut creme. :lol: I take it back, I think it was a good deep conditoning, but nothing more.:nono:

I tried this and my hair laughed at it. I had better success with the store brought Goya coconut creme. :lol: I take it back, I think it was a good deep conditoning, but nothing more.:nono:

Sorry to hear that DD. It definitely worked for me and was even better the second time. I didn't even know they had Goya coconut creme. I will have to check that out and see if I get the same results. Thanks for posting your experience.

Would this be considered a light protein treatment? Glad you like it and sorry to hear henna didn't work out for you.

Would this be considered a light protein treatment? Glad you like it and sorry to hear henna didn't work out for you.

I'm not really sure but I think so. The coconut cream relaxer and coconut oil have protein. I'm not sure if the yogurt does. I used a cheapie conditioner which has some light proteins.

I tried henna twice both times were a fail. I think I will try it again but this time adding conditioner to it to combat the dryness. I hear such good things about it!

Back