Coconut Cream Concentrate?

summergirl08

I just placed a bid on Ebay for a 32oz jar of 100% pure coconut cream concentrate for 9.99 + free shipping! (I hope I get it haha)

Anyways, I was just wondering if any ladies on the board have used this as a deep conditioner or put it on their hair in general.
I'm also thinking of adding it to my protein shakes in the mornings...

Yes, let us know how that works out for you. I know some ladies use it for the coconut relaxer recipe with the lime juice and what-not.

I use it. It is fab. In two days I will be 15 weeks post and it allows me to have managable new growth. You dont have to worry about it being messy like coconut milk. I mix a tablespoon of it into my deep conditioner and let it sit for like an hour. This is the best thing that I have found for my new growth.

I use it. It is fab. In two days I will be 15 weeks post and it allows me to have managable new growth. You dont have to worry about it being messy like coconut milk. I mix a tablespoon of it into my deep conditioner and let it sit for like an hour. This is the best thing that I have found for my new growth.

How do you do that? Do you melt it a little before you put it in your conditioner? I'm thinking about trying that!

I tried this for one treatment and did not care for it.

It was too oily and gooey for my taste. It made it harder for me to rinse out my hair. I ended up using more shampoo than I'd like.

Trying to deal with that, I did not notice any benefit that may have been there.

Using full fat plain yogurt and oil in my mixture and following with a moisturizing deep condition has worked well for me. Then again, my leave-in is so moisturizing also - I never see dryness as a result of henna.

I think you should give it a try to see if you would like it. I could see how one might actually like it, depending on her perference. I just did not like the gooey oiliness I felt as I rinsed.

I tried this for one treatment and did not care for it.

It was too oily and gooey for my taste. It made it harder for me to rinse out my hair. I ended up using more shampoo than I'd like.

Trying to deal with that, I did not notice any benefit that may have been there.

Using full fat plain yogurt and oil in my mixture and following with a moisturizing deep condition has worked well for me. Then again, my leave-in is so moisturizing also - I never see dryness as a result of henna.

I think you should give it a try to see if you would like it. I could see how one might actually like it, depending on her perference. I just did not like the gooey oiliness I felt as I rinsed.

How did you use it?

Back