Coconut and Lime Treatments?

MissMeWithThatIsh

Hey ladies...

I'm Lauryn, or LD. I'm a relatively new user here and I love the support and tips given on this forum. My sister and I both use this site to learn about hair beauty and more!

My question is, I heard that coconut milk and lime juice cn tame or straighten hair. I have some really thick, hair. I think it is 4a... I am not sure. I cannot texlax because my hair becomes too straight in the front- even when I texlax it last!

Has anyone tried coconut and lime treatments? How do you do it? For how long and how often?:)

i tried it and loved it. i havent done it in about a month or 2. it really softens my hair and relaxes the curl. its only temporary and doesnt make it straight but very manageable and soft!! actually in the pic in my avatar is after a coconut milk treatment. i used it and went to my stylist to do. my hair was really VERY silky and straight when she got done with it!!! it was really too straight. i'll be using it again very soon.
some people dont like it at all though but i think most do. try it and see how you like it:)

Last edited:
honeybadgirl said:
i tried it and loved it. i havent done it in about a month or 2. it really softens my hair and relaxes the curl. its only temporary and doesnt make it straight but very manageable and soft!! actually in the pic in my avatar is after a coconut milk treatment. i used it and went to my stylist to do. my hair was really VERY silky and straight when she got done with it!!! it was really too straight. i'll be using it again very soon.
some people dont like it at all though but i think most do. try it and see how you like it:)

Thanks!
I definitely don't want my hair too straight if I can help it... I just want to naturally relax curl as much as possible...a s you guys can see in my fokti it's quite a bit of work!

just so you'll know, it wont RELAX your hair. it just makes it loose. the natural curl pattern is still there but it lengthens it and makes it softer. i just dont want you to think your hair will totally change texture:D

honeybadgirl said:
just so you'll know, it wont RELAX your hair. it just makes it loose. the natural curl pattern is still there but it lengthens it and makes it softer. i just dont want you to think your hair will totally change texture:D

Oh yes, I read up on it.
I know it just stretches the pattern out, but I read that over time, if you do it regulalry, the pattern will begin to permanently stretch, although not as strongly as a relaxer would. This would be why I'm intrested!

It was a bust for me :(. I tried this out my last stretch. I left it on for almost 2 hours to make sure it penetrated, and my hair came out a tangled knotty mess. It was soft afterwards, but I would have been better off using Silicon mix. Hope it works for you.

Cleve_gryl said:
It was a bust for me :(. I tried this out my last stretch. I left it on for almost 2 hours to make sure it penetrated, and my hair came out a tangled knotty mess. It was soft afterwards, but I would have been better off using Silicon mix. Hope it works for you.

yeah i hear some people say that, the tangled mess comment.

thats just a conditioner.
i wanted to like it but i didnt. it didnt live up to all the hype for me. :(
it left my tub slippery though:lachen:

yeah, its a dominican conditioner...slip slip slip for me. I wanted the lime/coconut to work since its cheap and easy to make.

TheLaurynDoll said:
Silicon mix?

What would this entail?

There's this lovely conditioner called SEDAL.
They have it all over Caribbean and South America...

Even goes by SEDA in Brasil.

I love it... it's great.

Back