Co Worker's hair appointment

KathyMay

She is running out of here for her hair appointment and I haven't seen any drastic improvement in three years, I boost the site all the time show her pictures heck even given her some products. Nothing is changing I know my hair has gone through some changes but I have not seen her retain length during this time. Maybe I am venting but she is acting like her appt is saving hair. No it is destroying it. Anybody else care to vent?

Last edited:
Oh I know plenty of people running out to get their "hair did" and it does not do anything. But, I have seen people that ask for crazy stuff - bleaching on relaxed hair, touchups after 4 weeks, etc. Most stylist won't say no for that $$$

some people(including myself) felt like i had to have a stylist to take care of my hair because I couldn't or didn't think I could... but now with all the haircare information out there I am convinced that I can do my own hair and it still will grow:grin:

My sister has Tweety bird hair and she gets her hair (the little she has left) done every two weeks. I've tried to tell her and so has my mom but she doesn't listen.

Incredible1ne said:
My sister has Tweety bird hair and she gets her hair (the little she has left) done every two weeks. I've tried to tell her and so has my mom but she doesn't listen.
:lachen: :lachen: :lachen:
LMAO at Tweety bird...

Obviously her stylist isn't doing something right. Or she's not doing something right at home. All salons aren't the devil ladies. When my mom was still paying for my maintenance I was in the chair every 2 weeks sometimes every week and my hair grew just fine. It seemed like when I got out of the habit of my 2 week appts (like when i went to college) my hair started acting a fool. My mom still goes every 2 weeks and her hair grows like a weed. And it's very healthy.

bmoreflyygirl said:
Obviously her stylist isn't doing something right. Or she's not doing something right at home. All salons aren't the devil ladies. When my mom was still paying for my maintenance I was in the chair every 2 weeks sometimes every week and my hair grew just fine. It seemed like when I got out of the habit of my 2 week appts (like when i went to college) my hair started acting a fool. My mom still goes every 2 weeks and her hair grows like a weed. And it's very healthy.

Yeah, you are right but far too many are. But just like you, I went to the stylist every two weeks and my hair grew long. But when I stop going it went down hill. And the funny thing is that I had a relaxer when I was going in high school but my cousin doesn't and her hair won't get past neck length. I don't know what the problem is.

I know a lady who's hair is thinning badly and her daughter raved to me about the wonderful job her stylist does with her hair. I was thinking that it couldn't be that great if she wasn't addressing this glaring problem.

ultrasuedea said:
I know a lady who's hair is thinning badly and her daughter raved to me about the wonderful job her stylist does with her hair. I was thinking that it couldn't be that great if she wasn't addressing this glaring problem.

That's true. That should send up a red flag right there. If I ever had breakage or anything my hair dresser was on top of it and made sure I got the proper treatment and was back on track.

Back