Co-Washing with excessive shedding

Good evening ladies! I’m not new to the board, however, this is my first time posting. :drunk: I received my last relaxer in October 2006, transitioned for 14 months and made the BC in January. I’ve recently began co-washing daily, but I think I am losing an excessive amount of hair. :wallbash: Yes, the hair has the little white bulb at the end. I’ve pressed my hair twice, since the BC. Have any of you ladies experienced excessive shedding or hair lost while co-washing. My products include: Redken Fresh Curls, Brocato Cloud 9, NADIA and Mizani. Also, every 6 weeks I get a Nioxin scalp treatment.

TIA

Last edited:
I can't attribute the shedding i got from my recent CW challange b/c I was also using OCT.

But...i will say that garlic pills or garlic oil prepoos or garlic poo/condish should help you out--alot of ladies are having good results with those.

I have been using the garlic pills and they have helped ALOT with the shedding.

Hi there,

Hmm, I am not sure why you're experiencing excessive shedding. I am also natural and co wash daily.

Do you find that you have a lot of tangles when you comb through your conditioner?
Is the shedding happening while in the shower or later?
When do you comb your hair?
Have you been using any new products on your hair?
Are you rinsing the conditioner thoroughly?

I'm hoping maybe knowing some additional information will help in solving the problem.

yes I def. experienced the wash in gos I had a lot of shedding and the little knots on my ends, so I don't do it anymore or not as much, if I do a wash in go, its because i'm being to lazy to braid it. But now I only co-wash every 3 days and my hair has stop shedding so much and I make sure I detangle with my fingers and wash in braided sections....

Good evening ladies! I’m not new to the board, however, this is my first time posting. :drunk: I received my last relaxer in October 2006, transitioned for 14 months and made the BC in January. I’ve recently began co-washing daily, but I think I am losing an excessive amount of hair. :wallbash: Yes, the hair has the little white bulb at the end. I’ve pressed my hair twice, since the BC. Have any of you ladies experienced excessive shedding or hair lost while co-washing. My products include: Redken Fresh Curls, Brocato Cloud 9, NADIA and Mizani. Also, every 6 weeks I get a Nioxin scalp treatment.

Oh, can you guys help me 'type' my hair? I have no clue.....

TIA
D

Here is a photo album with pictures:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2519790&l=9cd21&id=8363043

your texture is really pretty, I agree with ladypk on your texture type, whats your name on facebook so i can add you as one of my friends

Thanks ladies for the advice.

@ HairLove:

Do you find that you have a lot of tangles when you comb through your conditioner? As of yet, I haven't had ANY problems detangling my hair.
Is the shedding happening while in the shower or later?
When do you comb your hair? Yes, the majority of the shedding happens while in the shower.
Have you been using any new products on your hair? Not really, I've been sticking to the same products lately.
Are you rinsing the conditioner thoroughly? Yes, I completely rinse the conditioner. Once I'm out of the shower, I apply Brocato detangling conditioning spray, Redken fresh curls leave-in, NADIA greengrape leave-in, and use my denman brush to enhance my curls. I'm wondering if this is just seasonal shedding?!?!

@Shatarip- I’ll send you a pm with facebook info

In that case, I am stumped! It could be just seasonal shedding. I'd just continue to watch it....maybe try a different type of conditioner when doing co-washes. I tend to use cheapie ones like Suave and V05.

In my experience, at a certain point post relaxer, co washing is too much manipulation. I think a month or so post relaxer there will be minimal problems, but not like it will be after you go past the second month. When I noticed my daily co washes began to do more harm than good, I slowed down to one co wash a week, one shampoo and deep condition on weekends. I am not getting as much hair in my hands or combs as I had been - nowhere NEAR as much. I don't have problems with detangling either, so I know like you it isn't that either. Would you be open to limiting the amount of times you cw a week to see if you notice a difference? I believe there is no problem with the products or the condition of the hair, simply that cwing frequently can sometimes cause this problem.

HTH

Back