Co Wash gone bad!

HollyGolightly

Okay y'all, I just tried doing a conditioner wash to my hair (with Sauve Citrus Smoothie Conditioner), and I dunno what happened. I used Surge to detangle, and added some mango butter, and then tried to wrap my hair. My hair is a big tangled mess!
shocked.gif
Has anyone else had a problem with Surge? I think that its making my new growth really dry. And what should I do to my hair? Blowdry it, rewash it and wrap it....?

wow i had that problem minus the surge tho.. what made my hair tangle was the mango butter.. the times i used it on my wet hair.. boi.. one tangled mess.. the times i didn't..everything went smoother for me.. so i jus stopped usin the mango butter and to add on to it.. i started using pantenes Light conditioning detangling spray.. It worked like a charm.. What i did after my hell wash was i some how got it back into a pony tail and let it air dry. the next day i looked like erykah badu with the head wrap but that night i didn't another wash.. and instead of using products i oiled my scalp and wrapped mah hair.. n i was feeling like elephant man.. GOOD TO GO! .. Dry it wear some protective style to get u thru the next day and that night.. go at it again but from a different angle..hope this did something *shrugs*

The one time I sprayed Surge all over my hair was a disaster! I ended up with a tangled mess. I had to co wash again to get that stuff out of my hair.

Surge is a great detangler for my hair. How long have u been using the Mango Butter? I think that is the cause for the dry tangled mess.

Mango butter tangled my hair and dried it out. Surge is full of protein so I can only imagine that some people would end up with tangled, dried up hair. I would stick with putting surge on the roots and putting in a moisturizing leave-in.

Keisha-- I suggest that you first rinse your hair, condition wash, and then rinse. Do a second wash using a conditioner that gives you nice slip and detangle w/it in your hair, then rinse. Using another leave-in product (in addition to Surge) that helps w/tangles will help you too. I use mango butter on wet hair too and have never had an issue w/tangling or dryness, but I use it w/an oil. Try making an emulsion of mango butter and EVOO and/or almond oil. I add a little conditioner and aloe vera gel to the mix to give my ends added moisture.

HTH

Keisha,

My 4a/b hair is tangly too. The cheap conditioners (Pantene, Suave, V05) are too sticky and plastic for me.

Lately I condition wash with my hair in 4-6 braided sections. My conditioners with max slip are Elucence MB and Rusk Calm. I only do 1 application, and I partially rinse out the conditioner.

Then I spray on a detangler (Pantene light spray condition detanger or Biolage leave in tonic). I wait 10 minutes before taking the braids apart and combing. A little John Frieda relax texture correcting serum helps with tangled new growth.

Surge has protein in it, so I only apply it to my scalp using an applicator bottle in the shower each morning.

I bun my hair after conditioner washes. Wrapping involves way too much manipulation.

Thank y'all ladies so much for the advice! I wound up blowdrying and curling my hair. (I know, bad bad bad...)
ohwell.gif
I think that it might have been the conditioner I used, because I've used Surge and Mango butter before, without problems. Come to think of it, I lent my Suave Citrus Smoothie conditioner to a friend, and she said it tangled her hair too. Hm..
scratchchin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Truth said:
wow i had that problem minus the surge tho.. what made my hair tangle was the mango butter.. the times i used it on my wet hair.. boi.. one tangled mess.. the times i didn't..everything went smoother for me.. so i jus stopped usin the mango butter and to add on to it.. i started using pantenes Light conditioning detangling spray.. It worked like a charm.. What i did after my hell wash was i some how got it back into a pony tail and let it air dry. the next day i looked like erykah badu with the head wrap but that night i didn't another wash.. and instead of using products i oiled my scalp and wrapped mah hair.. n i was feeling like elephant man.. GOOD TO GO! .. Dry it wear some protective style to get u thru the next day and that night.. go at it again but from a different angle..hope this did something *shrugs*

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto!! The mango butter did this to me too. My hair does not do well with water based moisturizers like this.

I agree...also what helps me is to put your hair in four different sections using clips and detangle from your ends on up. THen rinse each section and proceed.

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
It cant be the conditioner.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why not? I don't want to stop using this conditioner tho, because it smells sooo good. But the fact that it did the same thing to my friends hair...?

it could be a combo of the three

the conditioner is not the most moisturizing conditioner (none of the suave conditioners have been moisturizing enough alone for me)

the mango butter isnt the most moisturizing product either and neither is the surge.

i say you know your hair and whatever you suspect your probably right. but you can try each one alone and see which one is the culprit

I did my first conditioner wash with Motions moisture plus. I was skeptical about the CO wash thing, but I loved the results. Some don't like Motions, but for me it is old faithful--especially when money get tight.

I agree that the Suave conditioners are not the most moisturizing. I've been using the Suave ginger lily conditioner for the past week and it's made my hair dry. I'm going back to V05.

Back