C'mon In If You Need Help Detangling

gn1g

I have been struggling with shedding and detangling since I began my hair journey. I have fine hair that tangles excessively. I was diagnosed with Hypertension and the meds caused my hair to web and turn into dreadlocks. So y'all know your LHCF sister, I was determined to overcome this issue. After much research I found that I nearly had to triple my hair moisture levels.

Here is my regiment:
  1. Finger comb my hair and remove as much shed hairs as possible with my fingers only.
  2. Massage aloe Vera gel straight from the leaf directly onto my scalp and massage my scalp as much as possible.
  3. Next I take about 1/4 cup of EVOO and add it to a cup of the slippest conditioner in my collection. Apply it to small sections of hair while detangling.
  4. Saturated you hair with all of these products, let it sit a little while. After which you hair should comb-out like a dream.
One of my favorite conditioners to add EVOO to is Vanart Cream Rinse conditioner, found in the Hispanic hair section in WalMart.

spin_prod_173117801

Thanks for sharing.

Have you ever used Curl Junkie Smoothing Lotion? I haven't felt a more slippery hair product yet.

One of these days I'm going to try making an okra-based detangler. That's GOTTA be slippery. :smile:

I need to be in here. Detangling is always the most stressful part of wash day for me. I use Trader Joe’s Tea Tree Tingle, it has a lot of slip, but since I don’t have a Trader Joe’s near where I’m living at the moment I can no longer get more.

I have been eyeing the Soultanicals Slip N Slide Knot Proof Hair Glide, any reviews on that?

:eek::lachen: @PJaye is it better than kinky curly knot today and or trader joe's nourish spa? These two are my fave detanglers and sometimes I combine them for ultimate slip

I've never tried the Trader Joe's. IMO, the KCKT is not in the same league as the Repair Me (e.g., sophomoric slip vs an MS in slip). I was plagued with detangling issues for years that included massive knots, tangles and dreads. Given my fine, fragile hair, I knew that I needed to detangle prior to or during cleansing. Finding the right products to do that has been a huge hair saver for me.

LMBO!!!!!!! :lachen:

Ohhhh! :lol:

Thanks for sharing. I am going to have to order some more of the Smoothing Lotion soon, so I may as well throw the Repair Me in there.

Thanks for the laugh today, sis.

Yes, just like that. :lol:

@PJaye I got excited until I saw the price :look: Will add to Black Friday list

I know right! The price is definitely jolting.:lol: Despite all of the positive reviews, I've sidestepped that product for years due to its price. However, I decided to take a chance and ordered a bottle back in June 2016. I've used it at least three times and I still have a snag more than half a bottle left. I say give it a try during a really good curlmart sale.

I have been struggling with shedding and detangling since I began my hair journey. I have fine hair that tangles excessively. I was diagnosed with Hypertension and the meds caused my hair to web and turn into dreadlocks. So y'all know your LHCF sister, I was determined to overcome this issue. After much research I found that I nearly had to triple my hair moisture levels.

Here is my regiment:
  1. Finger comb my hair and remove as much shed hairs as possible with my fingers only.
  2. Massage aloe Vera gel straight from the leaf directly onto my scalp and massage my scalp as much as possible.
  3. Next I take about 1/4 cup of EVOO and add it to a cup of the slippest conditioner in my collection. Apply it to small sections of hair while detangling.
  4. Saturated you hair with all of these products, let it sit a little while. After which you hair should comb-out like a dream.
One of my favorite conditioners to add EVOO to is Vanart Cream Rinse conditioner, found in the Hispanic hair section in WalMart.

spin_prod_173117801

I went to Walmart to buy Cantu Root Rinse then decided to grab this conditioner as well. It was like $2.25, so why not?

Back