clues about a guy?

whosthatgurl

here.... but i'm not here
Me and my roomate were talking the other night about me and my horrible selection of guys in the past, and she was saying that there are always "clues" that you can pick up on to tell if the guy is a good guy or not.

I'm the type of person as to where I will never realize anything bad about the guy until something bad happens.

Do you all think there are certain things that you can pick up on?

judge them based on not what they say they'll do for you but what they've actually done for you. in other words dont believe anything they say until you see it yourself.

another way you can fish out the bad guys is to see what he's willing to do you for you. and how far he's willing to go.

and putting up little tests along the way wont hurt either.

judge them based on not what they say they'll do for you but what they've actually done for you. in other words dont believe anything they say until you see it yourself.

another way you can fish out the bad guys is to see what he's willing to do you for you. and how far he's willing to go.

and putting up little tests along the way wont hurt either.

So true... Also see how a guy interacts with his family; Is he close to his mother? How does he treat his sister(s)? is he bitter towards his family? These can be some indication on what type of guy you might be involved with..It doesn't make up the entire percentage of guys out there but it is good to look out for.

So true... Also see how a guy interacts with his family; Is he close to his mother? How does he treat his sister(s)? is he bitter towards his family? These can be some indication on what type of guy you might be involved with..It doesn't make up the entire percentage of guys out there but it is good to look out for.

This is EXACTLY what i was thinking as well! i've been with 2 men who had terrible relationships with their mothers.....and they treated me horrible. One of my exes honestly didn't know how to love....didnt know how to show it.. and DEFINATELY wasnt willing to say it. I found out after some prying that his mother NEVER uttered the words "I Love you" and that she bounced around from person to person Having 7 kids with 3 different fathers. Guess that's why he was a player...

My other long term ex had an abrasive/combative relationship with his mother. They cursed each other out on a daily basis. He couldnt care less what happened to her, he had no sisters, and a dead beat father.... guess that's why he was verbally and emotionally abusive to me which of course later turned into physical abuse. and apparently now he's gay! :rolleyes:

My BF now has a WONDERFUL, loving relationship with his mother. He idolizes her. His sister is his little companion and he adored her since the day she was born. HE treats me like GOLD...respects me....bends over backwards and will do virtually anything just to keep a smile on my face. His mother was very mushy with him coming up...therefore...he's very loving with me and very sentimental. He was never the player type. Instead he was always looking for his one true love out there.

They can only love and respect as much as THEY were loved and respected.

This is what i've learned from my experiences anyway..

i think you should see how HE interacts with his mom and sisters and what he says about other women not how he was treated by them cause that is irrelevant because some who are treated nice act a fool whereas those who were treated bady can be nice

also a man can say a lot of nice things to you but see how many of those nice things he actually puts into action

also is he consistent...like is he cool when you are together but when you are apart he is acting a fool his affection should be consistent

im also all for setting up tests just asking him to do lil things for you n seeing how he responds *sighs* shrugs, pretends he didnt hear you or flat out refuses

pay attention to the things people say in jest cause more often than not its how they really feel

I totally agree with watching how a man relates with his mother and what he is willing to do for her. I dated a guy and whenever his mom needed a ride or something (she didn't have a car) he would lie to her and tell her he wasn't at home and he didnt' drive his car and we would be sitting right at his house and his car would be outside. If she asked for money to pay a bill he would tell her he didn't have any money and he would have just gotten paid. So, of course with me he wasn't willing to do things for me.

i think you should see how HE interacts with his mom and sisters and what he says about other women not how he was treated by them cause that is irrelevant because some who are treated nice act a fool whereas those who were treated bady can be nice

also a man can say a lot of nice things to you but see how many of those nice things he actually puts into action

also is he consistent...like is he cool when you are together but when you are apart he is acting a fool his affection should be consistent

im also all for setting up tests just asking him to do lil things for you n seeing how he responds *sighs* shrugs, pretends he didnt hear you or flat out refuses

pay attention to the things people say in jest cause more often than not its how they really feel

certainly proved to be very relevant for me. But I was also refering to their interaction. I agree with you and opal on that one.

Back