CLOGGED HAIR ROOTS...

dlove

I have been oilling my and my DD scalp with castor oil and I think I may have clogged our hair roots. We both have these little bumps in various parts of my head that resemble a hair line of tightly braided hair--You know, like when your hair is braided too tight and bumps form. My DD has a little flakey patch over a small area of her raised bumped area. I cant believe castor oil would do that being that its not as thick as petroleum jelly. People "grease" their scalp with mineral oil and petroleum products all day every day and dont get this. I feel so bad for doing this to my baby.

Question:

How do you unclog your scalp roots?

Try mixing some baking soda into your shampoo the next time you wash. Let the mixture sit on your hair at least 3 to 5 minutes. That should help. Or, if you don't want to use shampoo, just use some baking soda and distilled water and let that sit on the scalp for about 5 minutes. ~HTH~

I use castor oil as a facial "moisturizer," and I don't have that problem. But, I guess I wash my face everyday (assuming you don't wash your hair everyday.) It sounds like an allergic reaction to me. Maybe you are allergic to it or something else you are using..

Back