Clip on extensions..reviews?

saved06

I'm debating on getting clip ons to change up my look. Does anyone have an experience with these? I'm really trying to avoid sew-ins (due to breakage) and glue (also due to breakage). How natural do these look? And I know these are expensive too, so how long do the clips last.

why don't u just make your own. That's what I do. :)
I buy my own hair and little hair clips from a BSS and some black thread. I sew on the clips to the hair. My hair has never been healthier since I started using clipins. Depending on the way you apply them, they are really secure. I wear loose conrows underneath and clip the hair to cornrows. I just got a sew in weave yesterday because i'm going on vacation and will be doing a lot of water activities but i will be taking them out after 3 weeks to avoid any damage. HTH

which size clips do y'all use? I make these all the time and generally use 2 clips on each. I am thinking about switching to three of the small clips.

Lili put me on to making my own. I use 3 clips b/c they feel more secure.
i've done them on loose cornrolls of my own hair and also w/ all of my hair down.

i haven't done them in awhile though b/c i just CAN NOT stand BSS hair anymore---that mess is just too silky for my hair and doesn't blend well to me.

If you are on the east coast, you can visit a place called Lugo's in NYC and Brooklyn, they customize your hair and match exactly to your hair type. It's a 45min process because they select the hair and blend it and then create the weft right there. it's a little pricey, i think i paid $160 for 8 oz or something like that but I only can use 4 oz at a time so i made some clipins using half and saved the rest. but the hair is excellent quality and it doesn't matte or tangle, i have had it for 3 months and it's still in great condition.

I love clip ins now! I have pictures in my fotki gallery of how how they look put in over vertical cornrows. Feel free to take a look, no password needed.

I like clip in as well bc they don't harm the hair. I haven't used them in a while because they tend to slip out of my hair, maybe I can try the cornrow underneath.

I made my clip-ins for the first time a couple weeks ago and absolutely LOVE them. I'm now addicted and plan on making some in all lengths and textures, LOL. I used some BSS hair (Harlem 125 which is VERY good for BSS hair) and got so many compliments yesterday. I have 3 people who want me to make some for them. I used just one bag of hair and wore my own hair down but next time I think I'm going to cornrow my hair underneath for a while.

Thanks to LiLi for that tutorial. YOU ROCK GIRL!!!

I dont wear clip-in anymore because my hair is longer. I have a pic in my siggy that I took in 2005. I also made my own with Beverly Johnson hair.

Back