Clear Glaze without stiffness?

TwoSnapsUp

Hello everyone!

I cowash almost daily and at least one a week I use John Freida's clear glaze. While I love how my highlights pop, I hate how stiff and dry my hair feels after that cowash. Anyone know of a clear glaze that won't take away the soft feeling after I cowash.

I've used JF Cear Glaze for years and never experienced stiffness. In fact, just the opposite. My hair always comes out soft and shiny.. Try Diamond Shine Rinse Out Glaze. It's my backup for when I'm out of JF. You can get it at Sally's - blue skinny bottle.

Hello everyone!

I cowash almost daily and at least one a week I use John Freida's clear glaze. While I love how my highlights pop, I hate how stiff and dry my hair feels after that cowash. Anyone know of a clear glaze that won't take away the soft feeling after I cowash.

nynewyork I love clear rinses, my preferred brand is a cheapie called Adore. I have a full review on four different brands I've tried:
Difference between Clear Rinse vs Clear Glaze and Review of 4 Brands

I know EbonyCPrincess is a fan of clear rinses, she'll be able to help you out.
NaiyaAi - thanks for mentioning me so I could give my two cents! I haven't logged in for a few weeks, hence the delay!

I use Adore and Via clear rinses. I love them and have never experienced any stiffness with either. I actually prefer Via but have not found it in a while, so I am using Adore once a month.
i have been using clear rinses for years! :yep:

I think I will get a glaze today from Sally's. Just trying to figure out if I should use it before or after DCing. Directions never mention conditioning at all after shampooing.

Bumping. Anyone still recommend or use clear glaze?
I've tried a few clear rinses earlier this year. They work well for shine.

I used the Ion brand from Sally's as well as Sebastian Cellophane. I like the Ion brand because it is simpler to use and requires less steps. You apply, let it sit, rinse it out and then you're done.

For Sebastian, the instructions say to shampoo the rinse out. So you have to apply, let it sit, rinse, shampoo again, condition, rinse. (I wasn't sure if shampooing it out was necessary since it is clear, but did not want to risk damaging my hair, so I followed the instructions.) It adds a LOT of extra time to my wash day that is already long as it is.

As far as stiffness goes, there was none with Ion. I did experience stiffness from Sebastian. It felt like a hard protein treatment. I had to use my S.O.S super moisturizing DCs to mitigate it. There were MANY variables that may have contributed to the stiffness for me, so ymmv. I need try again to see if it was my process or if it's the product that caused it.

As for shine, they both work well. I could tell the difference in shine, luster, and overall smoothness of my hair. A few people mentioned my hair looked shiny both times I used it, so it seemed to be a noticeable shine.

Last edited:
I've tried a few clear rinses earlier this year. They work well for shine.

I used the Ion brand from Sally's as well as Sebastian Cellophane. I like the Ion brand because it is simpler to use and requires less steps. You apply, let it sit, rinse it out and then you're done.

For Sebastian, the instructions say to shampoo the rinse out. So you have to apply, let it sit, rinse, shampoo again, condition, rinse. (I wasn't sure if shampooing it out was necessary since it is clear, but did not want to risk damaging my hair, so I followed the instructions.) It adds a LOT of extra time to my wash day that is already long as it is.

As far as stiffness goes, there was none with Ion. I did experience stiffness from Sebastian. It felt like a hard protein treatment. I had to use my S.O.S super moisturizing DCs to mitigate it. There were MANY variables that may have contributed to the stiffness for me, so ymmv. I need try again to see if it was my process or if it's the product that caused it.

As for shine, they both work well. I could tell the difference in shine, luster, and overall smoothness of my hair. A few people mentioned my hair looked shiny both times I used it, so it seemed to be a noticeable shine.
Oh I’m sold

Back