ClassyEbonyGirl, I look at your hair...

blueabyss333

and that's what my underprocessed hair in the middle of my hair strands look like when wet and I like it. However, that part of my hair is REALLY dry. Does anyone know what the *real* difference between the two are? I'm sure if I got a texturizer my hair would not be dry like underprocessed hair is. Any suggestions?

To me, texturised hair IS underprocessed hair. Texturiser is just a mild relaxer or a relaxer that isn't left on for as long and not smoothed to straighten out the strands. Your hair might be feeling dry becuase you're feeling it relative to the straighter hair on the rest of your hair, which will always feel more moistured because of it's straight, sleekness.

Of course if you wanna texturise you'd have to transition to the texturiser, it's not a big deal but you'll have the two textures until you're ready to get rid of the fully relaxed bit which might cause a problem cos there'll still be demarcation. HTH I wasn't really sure about ur question

I think there's a difference between underprocessed hair and truely texturized hair. The difference is in how the cuticle lays. If you look at some hair that has been texturized, there's a lot of curl, but the cuticle lays flat so the hair is shinier and doesn't feel as rough as underprocessed hair which looks a little more dull and feels flatter. The curl formation between the two is also a little different. IMHO.

Back