Classification of hair-newbie

luthiengirlie

Hello Everyone,

I am New to the Hair growth thing :).:look::perplexed
I don't understand the classifications
My hair is a little past my shoulder, I'm trying to get down past my bra.
My hair is black with brown dye. It's fine but it's very THICK and I have a LOT of hair. It tangles easily and It doesn't cooperate without a perm. I have a sew-in currently. My hair has grown a lot. I feel it pushing the weave off. SO i am not sure of my current length.
I'm saying ALL this to say How should I classify my hair?
Help is much appreciated:grin:

Hi there :wave:

I'm not sure I understand your general question. Do you want to know your hair type (1a, 3b, etc)? If so, then you'll need a substantial amount of newgrowth (at least 3-4 inches) and some good snapshots. As far as the info you've provided, I'd say your hair is relaxed(?), slightly past SL, and your hair goal is BSL+

'm not sure I understand your general question. Do you want to know your hair type (1a, 3b, etc)? If so, then you'll need a substantial amount of newgrowth (at least 3-4 inches) and some good snapshots. As far as the info you've provided, I'd say your hair is relaxed(?), slightly past SL, and your hair goal is BSL+

It's fine but it's very THICK and I have a LOT of hair. It tangles easily and It doesn't cooperate without a perm. I have a sew-in currently.
What are you doing to it when you don't have a sew-in? There is really no such thing as hair that doesn't cooperate without a perm. Relaxers are fine, just never feel that you HAVE to have one -- more than likely, it's your products or techniques that make you feel this way.

And welcome :drunk:

What are you doing to it when you don't have a sew-in? There is really no such thing as hair that doesn't cooperate without a perm. Relaxers are fine, just never feel that you HAVE to have one -- more than likely, it's your products or techniques that make you feel this way.And welcome

- thank you for the welcome. My technique is relaxing and flat ironing(which now I'm turning to body wraps so I can have less stress on my hair) for 6 months. Then I sew in or braid for the next 6 months to let my hair rest. I highlight my hair once a year. Its a birthday treat for me :). I use Dr. Miracle growing serum and Grape seed oil on my hair. And it has grown a LOT. That is pretty much my hair regimen.

^^^alright :) can't wait to see your pics!

This is my Hair

ualr.edu

This is the legnth that I desire

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos..._354855558851_561143851_4913725_1911804_n.jpg

Last edited:
Back