Clairol Vitapointe! Love it :)

BillsBackerz67

There was a thread awhile back about this but Im wondering is anyone still faithfully using this stuff. I had about 8 or 9 large jars of it last year because my job manufactured it and I gave a few jars to a few LHCF members but I kept 1 jar for myself:grin: I didnt faithfully start using it until recently because I never wore my hair straightened out too often and it didnt work well on my curly hair.

Of all the moisturizers that Ive used including Ors olive and carrot oil, keracare moisturizing lotion with jojoba and Profectiv, this product is the best out of the bunch for me eventhough the ingredients arent of high quality (mineral oil and wax among other things:look:) But I really think this stops my hair from reversion, gives me the major major shine, and actually moisturizes my hair and keeps it soft. All I need is a very small amount on my ends and the moisture lasts for 3-5 days :love:

6a00e551008f2f883300e552b2e79a8834-800pi

my mom was using that on my hair when I was a kid. I remember when I was a teenager I decided to buy one jar to see if I would still get my strands soooooooft with it to find out my hair was hard as a rock by using it . Could have been that the formula was changed or that my hair needed soemthing different at the time, but yes my mother used it a lot back then to put my hair in 3-4 braids.

Yep its an old school product for sure. My mom saw the jar on my night stand last week and she was like " dang they still make that stuff?" :lol:

I used to use it a while ago, but stopped.
It was good, but it was also too greasy for me.
I would have to wash my hair so often (even with me just putting it on the ends).

I have thick hair. I don't remember if it was greasy. I liked it. It added shine, but I hated the smell. I still got some.

My mom has used it for as long as i can remember. I buy it every now and then but I don't faithfully use it.

This is definitely an oldie but goodie. I used to use it faithfully. I just moved on to other stuff. I still think it's a good product though.

My mom used to use this also. I go in and out of using it - I buy it, throw it out, then buy it again. (I probably got rid of it when I was relaxed because it contains water). Since I am not wearing my hair straight any more, right now I am really liking it, despite the mineral oil. You only need like a fingertip full to shine up your whole head. I find it works best on my hair if I apply it at night and let it soak in.

I LOVE Vitapointe too!!!:grin: It is perfect for nice and shiny ponytails and buns! That is what I mainly use it for since it is a lil heavy. I only use vitapointe when I'm due for a touch-up though. When my hair isn't in need of a touch up I use a lil Mane n Tail deep moisturizing conditioner on my ends and seal with the Dabur Special Quick Absorbing Oil - and it is nice and light. :yep:

Attachments

• Mane n Tail deep moisturizing conditioner.jpg
    Mane n Tail deep moisturizing conditioner.jpg
    9.2 KB · Views: 1
  • Dabur - Special quick absorbing oil.jpg
    Dabur - Special quick absorbing oil.jpg
    5.7 KB · Views: 8
I used to use it too. I still have a tube in my pj closet. I found something I like better, Razac Perfect for Perms. It's a similar product except with less mineral oil. I like to use a dab on fresh rollerset hair.

My hair couldn't stand it..I think it's the mineral oil BUT my sister's hair loves it. She uses it every few days and her hair is so sleek and soft. She's relaxed bone straight, I'm 100% natural.

My Auntie used to use this when I was little. I used to use perm repair in HS, I used to make my ponytails slick, cuz I hated gel.

Anyone still using this? if so, are you relaxed or Natural?

I want to try this so bad it hurts, but it's hard to find here. I could buy it through Amazon but it'll cost £20 including shipping and I'm not sure whether I'm inclined to spend so much given the type of product it is. Might buy the Aveda Brilliant Universal styling creme which will be cheaper.

Sometimes I use Vitapointe as a sealant on my twists. I like the shine this product gives to my hair, but I have to be careful not to use too much.

I've been using this for years . I LOVE it. When I use to wrap my hair at night i would put a dab of this on (too much made it greasy) and OMG my was pure silk the next day.

I just became reunited with this. My grandmother used to use this on me n my lil sister's natural hair, back inthe day when we were kids, to seal with then braid or twist our hair and our was so soft, shiny and long. So when my hair started acting up, drying out and everything else this cold, winter weather could do to my hair, this stuff got my hair back on point! It's very true that a little goes a long way. But I find that I don't have to moisturize my hair daily with it. I can go for up to 2 days before I have to moisturize again.

I went through a tube of this over the last month or so. I liked it for sealing. Not greasy at all. Don't know if I'll repurchase though. We can only get the little tube here a $7 each. It was really good on my ends.

This stuff is soooooo good!! The ingredients aren't the best, but NOTHING has left my hair as moisturized as Vitapointe. I used about a quarter sized amount on wet hair, then did a braidout. My hair is so soft.

Back