Clairol Natural Instincts Semi Perm color

gvsugirl

Has anyone used this? I bought it today in Navajo Bronze hoping to just get a bronze type color. my natural color is a medium brown with a tiny bit of blond on the ends and I am just sick of seeing it...im done with blond!! its been 2 years and its still there!
ohwell.gif

My Mom uses this and she absolutely loves it.
smile.gif

Good Luck!! Let us know how it comes out. Navajo Bronze sounds like a beautiful color.
smile.gif

I used this product for years!!! It is great. It gives a slight lift to relaxed hair and is very mild. Let us know how it turns out

Jen Jen - wait two to three weeks after a relaxer. Do the relaxer first thent he color. Elyse is exactly right about the color effect. It's a very mild slightly noticable lift and is safe on realxed hair. Only the people that see you most often might notice and it will definitely cover that blond to an extent. When my hair got too blond midwinter I used "Suede" to tone it down. HTH
smile.gif

<font color="purple">I've used it and loved it. I wear Nutmeg (dark brown)shade. I'm planning on using that shade along with Cinnaberry to make a mix, and add a teaspoon of conditioner together so I can use it as a glazing technique. I would like to add some umpph to my boring hair this summer. </font>

Glazing technique? whats that and what are the effects. and when you say lift, you mean a good lift right? like body? oooo im excited now

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
gvsugirl said:
Glazing technique? whats that and what are the effects. and when you say lift, you mean a good lift right? like body? oooo im excited now

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Check out the Clairol website for the glazing tip. It's adding shine and body to the hair, and it works on all hair colorings. www.clairol.com </font>

Babycurls,
I looked all over the Clairol website and couldn't find anything on the glazing technique. Can you describe it in detail? Please?
angel.gif

TIA,
Jen

Not Babycurls, but I did find it on the clairol website. I'm not sure if she will be doing this, but it still sounded interesting...

Freshen up existing color and add just-colored shine with a quick-n-easy salon technique — glazing. Pick a color one shade lighter than your current level 3 color. Some of the best shades for glazing are 02 Sahara Light Blonde, 04 Sunflower Medium Golden Blonde and 07 Coral Shell Light Reddish Blonde. Just pick up a box of Natural Instincts and follow these directions:

Expert Glazing with Natural Instincts in 3 Easy Steps

In a clean, empty shampoo or applicator bottle, mix:
1/2 bottle of the Natural Instincts developer
an equal amount of shampoo
(try Pantene Pro-V Color Revival Shampoo)
1/2 bottle of the Natural Instincts colorant
Apply all-over damp hair according to the package directions. Leave on for 5 minutes. (10 minutes for more intense results)
Rinse and you're done.

For even more vibrant color results, just leave out the shampoo.

<font color="purple">Kaela, thanx a lot. I tried to post both girls the technique of Glazing, but somehow, an error occured and I couldn't get back to refresh the response page.
computer.gif
I do appreciate it, girlfriend. Girls, sorry for the technical problems, but I hope this will help you understand the glazing technique in more detail. Give it a try. </font>

JenJen2721 said:

So Babycurls does the glazing technique cause your color to come out shinier?
Jen

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">Once you've followed the directions given for Glazing, you'll see results. Your hair color will come out with more shine and richer color. That's why salons are using the glazing technique to bring out hair color that's been dull and drab looking. It's also great in-between colorings, or if you want to enhance your natural hair color with shine and highlights. </font>

BabyCurls said:
Your hair color will come out with more shine and richer color. That's why salons are using the glazing technique to bring out hair color that's been dull and drab looking. It's also great in-between colorings, or if you want to enhance your natural hair color with shine and highlights. </font>

[/ QUOTE ]

That's definitely the effect I'm going for. Thanks Babycurls!!!

<font color="purple">You are more than welcome, Jen. Let me know how the glazing turned out after trying it, okay? Toodles! </font>

Ok...so I tried the Natural Instincts tonite and i did a strand test (it really bothered me to have to snip out a little section of my hair-yeah im that crazy) and the color was really obvious after 8 minutes so I left it on my hair for around 8-9 mins. When i was rinsing, my hair felt sooo dry and matted. but after applying their aloe conditioner it felt a little better, tho they dont give you enough. It wasnt soft enough for my taste so I had to break out the CON shampoo. plus i was scared that the color was too drastic. Then I conditioned with my "conditioner of the month" , jason natuals biotin. I left that in for around 50 mins and my hair was soft. it felt weird, but soft. I rollerset it with pantene detangler and humectress. I'll have to see how it turns out tomorrow.....im nervous. I havent seen the color fully dry yet...so far from what im seeing in the rollers looks really pretty! Now this color will fade right? I miss my natural color...
look.gif

gvsugirl said:
Ok...so I tried the Natural Instincts tonite and i did a strand test (it really bothered me to have to snip out a little section of my hair-yeah im that crazy) and the color was really obvious after 8 minutes so I left it on my hair for around 8-9 mins. When i was rinsing, my hair felt sooo dry and matted. but after applying their aloe conditioner it felt a little better, tho they dont give you enough. It wasnt soft enough for my taste so I had to break out the CON shampoo. plus i was scared that the color was too drastic. Then I conditioned with my "conditioner of the month" , jason natuals biotin. I left that in for around 50 mins and my hair was soft. it felt weird, but soft. I rollerset it with pantene detangler and humectress. I'll have to see how it turns out tomorrow.....im nervous. I havent seen the color fully dry yet...so far from what im seeing in the rollers looks really pretty! Now this color will fade right? I miss my natural color...
look.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple">GG, what shade of Natural Instincts did you use? As you know, the color will last 24 shampoos. And you're right, they don't give you enough conditioner. You've improvised by using more conditioner, and it made your hair more softer than before. Let me know sometime how your rollerset turned out with the color. I bet 'ya, it'll look healthy, shiny, and pretty. Good luck. </font>

hey babycurls, I used navajo bronze. Im still sitting here with the rollers in my hair but theyre comin out soon. I'll let cha know!

Generally speaking, the natural instincts products do not lighten your hair as drastically as a Level 3 color would. If your hair is already relaxed and has been permanently colored, it is more porous and your color change will be more dramatic than it would on virgin hair.

As I mentioned before, I used the Natural Instincts color when I relaxed but now that I am natural, I use a Clairol Herbal Essences Permanent color to get the same result.

Let us know how you like it!!

Back